01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry DS-KH6320-WTE1 Extension station not showing Live View

vjbutt

My setup is the following:
  • DS-KV8113-WME1 (Model A) outdoor station running V2.1.5 build 200904 (latest EU version)
  • 2x DS-KH6320-WTE1 indoor stations running V2.1.2 build 200701 (latest EU version but one, latest version fixes a bricking bug related to protocol 2).
  • One of the indoor stations is setup as "Indoor station", the other as "Indoor Extension".
When I call from the outdoor station, I receive the call and the relative video feed from the outdoor unit on both indoor stations and can answer and open door without any problems from both units. If I use the Live View feature on the main indoor station, I get correctly the video feed, and I can open the door lock normally. However, if I do exactly the same thing on the extension unit, I get a "Live view failed. Connection exception occurred" error and I don't get any video nor can I open the door. Strangely enough, setting another non-Hikvision camera using ONVIF works on both indoor units using Live View without any problems.

This looks like a bug, but it is such a basic functionality, that I find it strange that no one else has mentioned this. Any ideas of what could be going on?

On the indoor extension, the Device Type is chosen as "Indoor Extension" and the "Main Indoor Station IP" is set to that of the other (main) DS-KH6320-WTE1 indoor station (10.1.1.11). The indoor extension has the IP number 10.1.1.12 with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0.

Upvote 0
Strange. Usually if there is problem with opening doors power supply would be a problem.

Can you try to revers main and extension?

Upvote 0
No it is definitely not a power supply problem since even the video feed is not displayed. And in any case, when someone calls on the Outdoor station, both indoor stations receive the call and both can open the door.

To check if it is a hardware problem, I have reconfigured both indoor stations so that I reversed main and extension roles. The problem remained. The Live View is still missing on the extension station, even though physically now it is a different extension station.

It is looking more like a firmware bug, unless I am misconfiguring somethings.

Upvote 0
Did you try using DHCP instead of manually entering the local IP? And make sure you have sequential room numbers for the indoor station and extension.

Upvote 0
I don't have a DHCP server on the local subnet, but I don't think it would make much difference since a DHCP server will only assign the the network parameters, such as the IP address, the subnet mask, the gateway and the DNS server, all of which are already manually set correctly (otherwise the indoor stations wouldn't both receive a call correctly).

As for the room numbers, yes, these are already set sequentially.

One other odd thing that I have noticed is that I can call from the main indoor station to the extension station and vice-versa. Similarly I can call from the iVMS-4200 to both indoor stations. But whereas I can call the iVMS-4200 from the main indoor station, the call fails if I try it from the extension unit. Very strange.

Upvote 0
It has been a long wait, but at last Hikvision managed to fix the bug. The abovementioned problem is fixed with the following firmware updates:

V2.1.35 build 210406 on the DS-KV8113-WME1 and
V2.1.34 build 211118 on the DS-KH6320-WTE1 indoor stations.

I am not impressed at all by Hikvision. Getting such basic functionality wrong in any firmware release reflects very badly on the company and there are other issues that I am not happy with.

Upvote 0
Back