01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware DS-7616NI-E2/16P firmware upgrade?

Leo2moro

I have tried to upgrade to ver 106 but still can any camera connect to my NVR (DS-7616NI-E2/16P)

Any solutions, please help.

What firmware version is your NVR currently running please?

Thanks @Leo2moro

So you are already running the latest firmware, can you please confirm the model number(s) of the camera(s) you are trying to connect to the NVR?

What firmware version is your NVR currently running please?
IMG_20221221_130807.jpg

Thanks @Leo2moro

So you are already running the latest firmware, can you please confirm the model number(s) of the camera(s) you are trying to connect to the NVR?
DS-2CD2120F-I

Thanks @Leo2moro

Is the camera plugged into the NVRs PoE ports or a separate PoE injector/switch?

Is the camera new or one that you had before getting the NVR?

If it is a new camera, was the camera box sealed when you bought it or did you buy it 2nd hand from an Amazon/eBay seller?

Thanks @Leo2moro

Is the camera plugged into the NVRs PoE ports or a separate PoE injector/switch?

If it is a new camera, was the camera box sealed when you bought it or did you buy it 2nd hand from an Amazon/eBay seller?
It's plugged direct to the NVR, if connected to another NVR, it functions perfectly well.

The camera was sealed when I got it from hikvison.

It works well on other systems but no camera is working on this NVR but someone told me if it's upgraded, it may work.

Okay, if you had it already connected to another NVR it was probably activated with that NVRs activation password and this new 7616NI-E2 NVR does not recognise that password.

We would recommend trying a hard reset of the camera, you can do that by following the below instructions:

Disconnect the camera from the PoE
Remove the dome and locate the reset button (should be quite an obvious protruding button)
Press and hold the reset button
While holding the reset button, reconnect the camera to the PoE
Continue to hold the reset button for a further 30 seconds

Once 30 seconds have passed you can let go and the camera should reset & reboot, when it boots back up it should be activated with the NVRs password.

Thanks @Leo2moro

The camera works perfectly when connected to other NVRs.

It was connecting well to this NVR too and was working perfectly but then stopped.

Thx, I try this and share status of the outcome.
Okay, if you had it already connected to another NVR it was probably activated with that NVRs activation password and this new 7616NI-E2 NVR does not recognise that password.

We would recommend trying a hard reset of the camera, you can do that by following the below instructions:

Disconnect the camera from the PoE
Remove the dome and locate the reset button (should be quite an obvious protruding button)
Press and hold the reset button
While holding the reset button, reconnect the camera to the PoE
Continue to hold the reset button for a further 30 seconds

Once 30 seconds have passed you can let go and the camera should reset & reboot, when it boots back up it should be activated with the NVRs password.

I have reset the camera manually but still having the same problem, it loops on detecting then stops and again loops.
IMG_20221221_193803.jpg

Okay,

Have you tried connecting any other cameras to this port on the 7616NI-E2 NVR?

Have you tried the DS-2CD2120F-I camera on any of the other PoE ports on the 7616NI-E2 NVR?

Okay,

Have you tried connecting any other cameras to this port on the 7616NI-E2 NVR?

Have you tried the DS-2CD2120F-I camera on any of the other PoE ports on the 7616NI-E2 NVR?
Yes, have tried other cameras and they too don't connect including brand new ones.

Hi @Leo2moro

So do no cameras work in any of the PoE ports on the 7616NI-E2 NVR or is it just the 1st port that doesn't work?

If all the ports are not accepting any cameras then I think it is likely that there is a hardware fault with the NVR and you will need to upgrade to a newer NVR model.

Hi @Leo2moro

So do no cameras work in any of the PoE ports on the 7616NI-E2 NVR or is it just the 1st port that doesn't work?

If all the ports are not accepting any cameras then I think it is likely that there is a hardware fault with the NVR and you will need to upgrade to a newer NVR model.
All don't work

Hi @Leo2moro

Is there no way to upgrade new version NVR firmware with this one?

Back