01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-7608NI-I2 nvr no more connections allowed issue

done the port mapping. but my app says connection failed when trying to config ddns

the device domain name is already in the app as the F30******* number
changed to manual
server port 50001
HTTP port 50000
user name was blank. i put in admin although i have admin and a user (which is me) i typed in admin
Password put in and then saved. or tried to as it said connection failed

I think I will just put everything back to normal.
My app won't accept ddns. Keeps saying connection error. I've no idea what device domain name relates to as it was an f number. Possible serial number for the nvr in the app. User name was also blank. Don't know what that relates to either.
My Web browser can no long find my nvr. I seem to be getting further and further away from the standard set up.
Might just jump the nvr back and go from there. This port mapping has just added 2 more issues

Did you follow ALL of the steps posted in the order listed?

User name is admin and you need to enter your NVR admin password as well. Device domain name is information only and yes it's the NVR serial number that has been picked up when the NVR was registered with Hik Connect.

If you did follow all of the steps it should be working fine. Try temporarily switching off WiFi on your mobile before saving the DDNS settings in the app. Once it's saved switch the phones WiFi back on.

My Web browser can no long find my nvr.
I'm sure I detailed in the other post that once you change the default http port from 80, you need to append the address with the new http port going forward (when you enter http at the start of a url it assumes you're using port 80)

To connect to the NVR web interface now you will need to use http://192.168.0.100:50000

I seem to be getting further and further away from the standard set up.
There is no "standard"setup. As I've mentioned before - Hikvision recommend port forwarding as opposed to UPnP for performance and reliability.

Might just jump the nvr back and go from there. This port mapping has just added 2 more issues
It wasn't working reliably with UPnP (your previous setup). If you can't get it to work with port forwarding, it might be wise to get an installer to sort it out for you.

Last edited:
i put in admin although i have admin and a user (which is me) i typed in admin
You are the admin so do not need a separate user account for the app. The Hik Connect service does not use NVR user accounts. When you login to your Hik Connect account on the app, the NVR you've added to your account (as owner) is shown. You should also use the admin username and password when accessing the NVR using the web browser. If anyone else needs to access the NVR using Hik Connect, they should download the app and create their own login. Once that's done, you would share the NVR to them from your app (so that it appears available in theirs)

1 thing I did note was ddns in my nvr local wasn't enabled. Should it have been?

I followed everything to the word. As you said it was actually quite simple to do. Once I realised what screens and what limited things to change I really was quite simple.

Every time I typed the htts ip address it just kept sending me to search engine. It never once went direct to a login page.

I just hit the problem with the app. It just wouldn't connect. That's when I saw the ddns was not enabled in the nvr. I never enabled it as you never made relation to that so thought it must be right that's it isn't enabled.

When I said standard I meant as it was sort off.
Weirdly the app is showing HD now since a step back. No green screen. I read online a few posts saying this happened after the update of the nvr. I did also change from h265 to h265+ on the 8mp.

Screen shots of the WiFi off and when it's on

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220113-103352_Hik-Connect.jpg
    Screenshot_20220113-103352_Hik-Connect.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 200
  • Screenshot_20220113-103337_Hik-Connect.jpg
    Screenshot_20220113-103337_Hik-Connect.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
1 thing I did note was ddns in my nvr local wasn't enabled. Should it have been?

I followed everything to the word. As you said it was actually quite simple to do. Once I realised what screens and what limited things to change I really was quite simple.

Every time I typed the htts ip address it just kept sending me to search engine. It never once went direct to a login page.

I just hit the problem with the app. It just wouldn't connect. That's when I saw the ddns was not enabled in the nvr. I never enabled it as you never made relation to that so thought it must be right that's it isn't enabled.

When I said standard I meant as it was sort off.
Weirdly the app is showing HD now since a step back. No green screen. I read online a few posts saying this happened after the update of the nvr. I did also change from h265 to h265+ on the 8mp.

Screen shots of the WiFi off and when it's on
The DDNS section in the NVR is something different. If you were trying to connect to your NVR without using the Hik Connect service, you would use the external IP address of the router (your WAN IP address). For you, that would be straight forward, as although they're not strictly speaking static, Virgin Media IP addresses rarely change. However for someone on BT, Talk Talk, Sky etc - their addresses change frequently. DDNS in that respect allows you to have an account with DynDNS and others that gives you a user friendly domain name that you use in place of the IP address (eg: mycctvsystem@dyndns.org). That setting allows your NVR to update the DDNS account with the new IP address if it should change. Your app need not be aware that the IP address has changed as it always points to the user friendly address. All of this relates to when you use Hik Connnect the app, without Hik Connect the service. When it's set up that way, your app connects directly to your NVR without being logged into the Hik Connect service. Again it is generally far more reliable than using the Hik Connect service as it is a "Direct" connection. Unfortunately and annoyingly, the app only supports push notifications if you use the Hik Connect service. So if push notifications are a must - there's no choice other than to use the Hik Connect service.

As said http at the start of a web address/url assumes that port 80 is required. If another port is used for http it has to be added to the address following a colon - 192.168.0.100:50000

So from the screen shots you can see that the app fails to save the DDNS setting when you're on WiFi (as you're on the same network at the time). With WiFi off it is connecting to the server but returning an error code. I've not had that before so I'm not sure what the specific error code is.

I wouldn't recommend H265+ myself. While it reduces bandwidth and storage requirements I've had issues with it - picture quality and visible compression artefacts.

Would you have 4g on with WiFi off when saving?
Just while you're hitting save on that configure DDNS page. Some routers (Virgin Hub 3 being one of them) don't allow you to make a connection to their external interface, from a connection that was initiated from the internal interface (loopback). Apologies as it's a bit like trying to put the offside rule into words! That may be what is preventing the setting from saving.

That same "loopback" issue is the reason when connecting from the app directly, without Hik Connect, that it is sometimes necessary to have two sites listed in devices (depending on providers router). One is added using the 192.168 local address and is only used when on your home WiFi, the other is added using the external address of the router and is only used when away from home.

I just changed from h265+ back to 265 and the camera rebooted and now shows offline through the app. OK on nvr though.

Should pppoe be enabled at present?
My cameras show online on nvr local and Web browser. Just hik connect is offline. Shows off line on hik connect Web browser status as well.

Attachments

• 20220113_124029.jpg
    20220113_124029.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 199
Last edited:
All done. When the nvr bricked itself on the step back it lost the 8888 and 8844 setting. App still shows fully in HD so it must be the update!

Hi I've got the same box with the same no more connectors issue. I reboot the box when it comes up and all Iis fine. I know alot of people are having this issue and waiting for a firmware fix. Personally I think there's a memory leak on the NVR or after operating for a while it just starts running low on memory. I more than likely wrong, but that's what it looks like. Any news on this thread, was the underpinning question fixed?

I don't think there will be a fix. It's been to long. Would have thought if they were going to fix it they would have. Mine is all about the 4k camera. Only ever seems to be related to anything on that channel.

Back