01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-2CD3B86G2T-IZHSY. Does this camera have heater?

llars

Hikvision DS-2CD3B86G2T-IZHSY manual
In this manual page 97 is mentioned 9.16.2 Heater, but when I go to Configuration, system, system settings - there is no choice External Device. See picture.

The detailer sold this camera as "with heather". Did he sell me the wrong camera or is the heating only the defog mode (see defog pic)?

Testing the camera as admin.

Attachments

• Manual.jpg
    Manual.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 116
  • manual 97.jpg
    manual 97.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 117
  • system.jpg
    system.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 118
  • defog.jpg
    defog.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 120
Hi @llars

I think you are going to need to speak to your original seller because the information I have found is not clear.

The datasheet from Hikvision's Global website does not mention a heater, my initial thought is that at some point the hardware design of this camera has changed and the heater was removed. So, the datasheet you have been provided is for an earlier generation of this camera and you have been supplied a new generation model without the heater.

But this is only based on what I can currently see, to get a firm answer you will need to speak to your original seller and get them to speak to Hikvision support.

It's not a camera model that we have in the UK.
Many/most cameras will have an integrated heater to prevent fogging (usually this is just a small heater directly adjacent to the camera window).
I can't recall ever seeing settings to manually turn the heater on/off.
Normally it would automatically come on at low temperatures.

This is the official Data Sheet from Hikvision https://www.hikvision.com/content/d...B26G2T-IZHS-C_Datasheet_V5.5.112_20211208.pdf

where "Heater | Yes" can be seen. I don't think the local company that sold me the camera can answer, therefore I am now looking for an email address or support website to go further. (My camera was the only camera of this model they had for sale in my country).

This is a new model, in fact the last one in this serie, launched middle 2022.

Here is the answer from support.eu@hikvision.com:
Q; how to use the heater?

The small system of the main control platform is auto heated. When the temperature is lower than -15 degrees Celsius and the waiting time exceeds 3 minutes, the system will be heated. The temperature height is -10 degrees Celsius, stop heating.

Back