01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-2CD3027G2E-LUF or DS-2CD3027G2-LS?

Chin1985

Hi All,

Planning to purchase DS-2CD3027G2E-LUF or DS-2CD3027G2-LS . What is the difference between them ? LF vs LUF ?

Hi @Chin1985

These are both region-specific models that are not available to us in the UK/EU market, so finding detailed specs of both these models to compare them is tricky.

There are versions of the 30x7G2-LS models available in the UK/EU market and so I would say that is a current model and probably the one we would lean towards.

Another thing i have noticed is, during the intrusion detection, there is Max Area and Min Area. Is it different than Max Size and Min size ?

If there is an option to draw an intrusion zone and then draw these Max/Min areas, I would assume they perform the same function as the Max/Min size.

I thought, Max size means, we can decide the size of the object. but seems its not the case with area.

Have you tested it?

I would assume that if there is no option to set Max/Min Size then the Max/Min Area would perform the same function (e.g. draw the Max area slightly larger than a human and nothing bigger than a human will trigger the event).

if we draw minimum area, Do you think it will not trigger for birds or Dogs ?

If you draw the minimum area to be slightly larger than dogs/birds then that should reduce the number of false detections you get for dogs & birds.

I just tested it... I drew Minimum Area bigger than a human. But alert is still working. Seems there is a difference between Size and Area.

What is the difference between them ? LF vs LUF
L - refers to white light (ColorVu rather than 'I' for infra red)(
U - refers to microphone (so the LF has no internal mic and the LU does)
F - means f*** knows as it isn't detailed on the Hikvision slide! They keep adding letters and will soon run out.
S - means Audio/Alarm interface. It won't have the built in mic but can accept a line level audio input via the terminal block and will have a hardwired alarm input/output)

Screenshot 2023-07-25 at 18.40.15.png

I think the "-F" part of the naming convention only applies to the "Value Series" cameras available in certain regions, but it denotes that the camera has a micro SD card slot and reset button:

DS-2CD1027G2-L(UF) Datasheet Interface Screenshot.jpg

Most of the professional cameras without have this as standard (without an -F in the suffix of their part codes), so if it is something that you want on the camera, then it's best to check in the datasheet for it.

Back