01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Delay in opening door?

vjbutt

I have a DS-KV8113-WME1(B) door station and two DS-KH6320-WTE1 indoor units with the latest firmware (V2.2.53 build 220816 and V2.2.2 build 221129 respectively). Since I have updated to the latest versions, it takes 5s or more between the time I press the soft-button to open the door and the door being actually opened, which is simply ridiculous. This is something that one would expect to happen almost instantaneously.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? Any workarounds (besides, I suppose reverting to an earlier firmware)?

It has been my experience so far with using Hikvision for the past two years, that they fix some problem with their firmware updates, only to introduce other new ones :(

Hi @vjbutt

It definitely sounds like a bug with that firmware.

There is actually V2.2.2 build 230109 available on the UK Portal, does updating to this improve things?

I wouldn't bother installing it, but the Hikvision product page also has build 221223 which is the release in between what you're currently running and the one on the UK portal - the release notes for this one mentions a lot of bug fixes, so hopefully one of those applied to the delay that you're seeing.

I'm guessing that you use the EU Portal, as the version you've updated to is the latest on there - it's not ideal, but it's best to get into the habit of checking all 3 (UK Portal, EU Portal, and the applicable product page for your region).

Thanks Kyle for your reply. I have installed V2.2.2 build 230109 from the UK Portal, but the problem unfortunately remains.

There is another serious issue with these latest firmware, including this last one: any pictures or recorded messages disappear from the call log after a short time (a few hours at best, but haven't determined yet how long they remain in memory).

At this point, I am considering reverting to an earlier version of the firmware. Is this safe/doable?

I'm exactly with same problem with my DS-KH6113-WPI1(B) using V2.2.53 build 220816. There's no update to my device yet. Doorbell is slow unlocking on indoor station or even using the NFC tags directly from doorbell.

Have you fix that? What have you done?

Yes, I solved the problem by resetting all devices to factory default settings and reconfiguring manually. It is a pain, but it works.

If this is any help I never took mine 6113 past V2.2.53 build 210907 it’s very stable and works perfectly to this day, I always found intercom updates very hit and miss so when this worked I thought that’ll do for me, I have non of the issues you describe

So far the system has held up in my case. I must have done this about 3-4 weeks ago. So I'll keep my fingers crossed!
I reset it again. That's perfectly, but now I'm afraid to turn on my integrations, like export to HomeAssistant and my virtual NVR with Scrypted, and problem back again.

The biggest problem is re-save all cards to open door again haha.

I reset it again. That's perfectly, but now I'm afraid to turn on my integrations, like export to HomeAssistant and my virtual NVR with Scrypted, and problem back again.

The biggest problem is re-save all cards to open door again haha.
I must report that I am experiencing delays in unlocking the door again. No changes in the settings. And a simple reboot does not solve the problem either. What a super buggy firmware!

I have same problems with DS-KD8003-IME1 and DS-KD-M. Will connect later today and see logs. Is there some delay between events MINOR_CARD_PASS,
DOOR_UNLOCK and DOOR_LOCK.

I have same problems with DS-KD8003-IME1 and DS-KD-M. Will connect later today and see logs. Is there some delay between events MINOR_CARD_PASS,
DOOR_UNLOCK and DOOR_LOCK.
How can you get the logs?

In my case, it’s working fine since last reset, but I don’t even edit any setting (beyond IP) to avoid possible problems.

If you discover any thing, touch me haha.

Back