01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Bullet vs Turret cameras?

rolson

I hope someone may be able to enlighten me as to the purpose/advantage of the bullet camera for outdoor residential use. The turret camera seems to be the go to type I see installed most. What advantages would a bullet camera have over a turret?

The particular scenario that raised my interest was I need to monitor a shared driveway between two houses - the camera could either be mounted on a garage at the end of the driveway, or alternatively, on the side of the house - but I am wondering whether a bullet or turret would be most suitable.

The driveway is approx 40 feet.

between_houses.jpg

I don't personally know any technical differences, turret cameras can sometimes be smaller, neater, certainly I would say they are easier to fit and align/adjust. They are more flush and unobtrusive. I guess it depends if you want them obvious as a deterrent or more subtle so as not to draw attention to them or alter the appearance of your home.

Dome cameras are also available (under a glass dome) but I would not recommend for anything other than permanently lit areas as you get IR glare off the inside of the glass dome so un-lit night performance is often not good.

Back