01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

What is the difference between DS-2CD2346G2-I(U) vs DS-2CD2363G0-I(U) apart from 4 and 6MP?

what the difference :DS-2CD2346G2-I(U) vs DS-2CD2363G0-I(U) apart from 4 and 6mgp
Just take a look at the data sheets and compare them...The G0 is the budget one and not as well spec'd as the G2. It has:

• slightly larger image sensor (1/2.9" vs 1/3") (however due to the additional 2MP, the G0 is comparably smaller)
  • poorer low light performance (0.01 vs 0.003 lux minimum)
  • smaller aperture (f2.0 vs f1.4)
  • etc, etc
The G0 is cheaper for a reason. It's nowhere near as good and is shown as 'end of life' - avoid.

Just take a look at the data sheets and compare them...The G0 is the budget one and not as well spec'd as the G2. It has:

• slightly larger image sensor (1/2.9" vs 1/3") (however due to the additional 2MP, the G0 is comparably smaller)
  • poorer low light performance (0.01 vs 0.003 lux minimum)
  • smaller aperture (f2.0 vs f1.4)
  • etc, etc
The G0 is cheaper for a reason. It's nowhere near as good and is shown as 'end of life' - avoid.
many thanks, most of the spec things does not make sense to me, sorry

what about
DS-2CD2345FWD-I?
this is end of life as well? where do you compare them?

Hi @werdas

The 2345FWD is much older than G0/G2 models and has long been EOL (the last major firmware for the 2345FWD was released in 2021).

where do you compare them?
You can find all of the data sheets for current models on the Hikvision website. As there are regional variations with some models being unavailable in certain countries, I'll usually just copy and paste the full model number into a browser search and you'll find a Hikvision product page that'll have details of the camera plus a link to download the data sheet which gives all relevant details.

Last edited:
Back