01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Tablet for Hikvision viewing at home?

I just need it for a 4 camera system or potentially 5. I guess I can split screen to just 4 cameras even if I have 5 cameras, with obviously 1 camera not showing on the screen.
Yes you can set the app screen however you want. Tablet wise, the Lenovo one I mentioned is probably a better bet than the Fire HD and it's still cheap. With the Fire HD you're running Fire OS not pure Android. That means the Google Play Store is not available unless you side load it/do some tinkering as I have on mine. The app can be downloaded directly from Hikvisions own App Store as well.

Lenovo Tab M10 - 3rd gen:

Lenovo Tab M8 - 4th gen

Ok cool, I’ll check those Lenovo tablets out. Which is the better of those 2, m10 rd gen or m8 4th gen? I’d probably just go for the better / newer / higher spec one. I take it that they’re not too power hungry as well, although I’d probably turn them off overnight and just rely on phone.

Ok cool, I’ll check those Lenovo tablets out. Which is the better of those 2, m10 rd gen or m8 4th gen? I’d probably just go for the better / newer / higher spec one. I take it that they’re not too power hungry as well, although I’d probably turn them off overnight and just rely on phone.
They were just different in size - M10 10" screen, M8 8" screen. Although one is 3rd gen and one is 4th gen there's little difference specification wise.You don't anything particularly powerful to run Hik-Connect - I'm looking at Lenovo as they're a decent quality brand. There are a lot of unheard of manufacturers on Amazon and I like to be sure that if I change one of my wall mounts now, that I can find an identical item later to replace another.

They were just different in size - M10 10" screen, M8 8" screen. Although one is 3rd gen and one is 4th gen there's little difference specification wise.You don't anything particularly powerful to run Hik-Connect - I'm looking at Lenovo as they're a decent quality brand. There are a lot of unheard of manufacturers on Amazon and I like to be sure that if I change one of my wall mounts now, that I can find an identical item later to replace another.
So anything half decent would work, but the main thing is that it needs to run on android so that it has full access to the apps on their version of the app store. I’m looking at Lenovo, Samsung and Xiaomi….all decent brands for what I need it for.

So anything half decent would work, but the main thing is that it needs to run on android so that it has full access to the apps on their version of the app store. I’m looking at Lenovo, Samsung and Xiaomi….all decent brands for what I need it for.
Yes. Fire OS can't access the Google Play Store without a bit of tinkering so can only access Hikvisions own App Store. For a time Hik-Connect wasn't available on the Google Play Store due to restrictions so Android users had to get it from the Hikvision App Store directly. That seems to have changed now and it's available on the Play store again.

Just an update. IP Cctv installed, fully operational always on display on both a Xiaomi tablet iPad set up just the way you suggested, thank you. Even the installer learned something new as he didn’t think this was possible.

Back