01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Struggling to activate...

Munzz

Hi All,

I'm trying to run one of the new G2 ColorVu's independently without an NVR via an onboard memory card.

I have the camera connected to my Unifi switch, as well as my laptop.

I can see the camera in SADP and it's asking me to assign a password, which I do, but then it timeouts.

I can't for the life of me see what I'm doing wrong, I've never encountered this before, any suggestions!?

Last edited:
Hi @Munzz

Can you explain exactly how all the elements of your network are connected? (e.g. The camera is directly connected to the switch, the switch is connected to...)
Is your laptop hard-wired to the network switch or is connecting to the network via WiFi?

Hi Dan

Virgin media router into my Unifi switch.

Out of the switch is the camera (which is powered as the light turns on) and my laptop. The switch is running an access point and other devices so is certainly working.

Thanks for your reply, I'm pulling my hair out.

Hi @Munzz

When you have SADP open can you click on the little 'i' info icon in the top right of the window and confirm what version of SADP you are currently running?

Hi Dan,

See attached.

You'll see the camera is inactive, upon entering the password and pressing activate, this is when I see the "timeout" error.

Attachments

• SADPer.JPG
    SADPer.JPG
    7.1 MB · Views: 205
  • SADPVer.JPG
    SADPVer.JPG
    8.4 MB · Views: 206
Ok,

Can you please close the SADP Tool, right-click the SADP icon, and click "run as administrator"?

Once the tool opens can you try activating the camera again?

If that does not work, do you have any alternate power source for the camera?
An alternative POE source, or suitable 12V DC PSU.
Some Ubiqiti kit did not supply POE in conformance with the IEEE 802.3 standard (their AP would still work, but (longshot) maybe issues with other devices).

Thanks Phil - I don’t have access to other power except from another HIK NVR, would I be able to activate via that method and take to another customers home freshly activated?

Just to follow on from this, my laptops IPV4 address is 192.168.0.27 and the camera in SADP is 192.168.1.1

Could that be an issue and if so, is there a fix?

So just to box this topic off and to help anyone else in my position, the above post was causing the problem. I had to amend my IP address and then activate the camera via the cameras IP and NOT SADP as that still did not want to play ball.

Back