01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Setting up Hikvision DS-KV6113-WPE1(C) doorbell to my NVR?

KavehErfanian

Hi,
I try to ask the question as clear as possible:

I have a Hikvision Doorbell DS-KV6113-WPE1(C) and wanna connect it to Hikvision NVR HIK-7608NI-I2-8P. The NVR is already perfectly working with 6 Hikvision cameras and 2 channels are still available on NVR. I do view my camera footages either on TV or computer or smartphone. I do not own video intercom display screen such as Hikvision DS-KIS603-P

My questions are:

1- Does this Doorbell work with this NVR?
2- Do I need PoE box like Hikvision DS-3E1105P-EI to power up the doorbell?? or connecting it to available ethernet port on the back of NVR would supply the power? As far as I know all other 6 cameras are connected directly to the NVR and receive power from NVR directly without any PoE box.
3- Do I need to buy Hikvision intercom display screen DS-KIS603-P once I added the doorbell? or I can view my footages using my TV or smartphone?

Thanks,

Hi, answers below for you - let me know if I can clarify anything :)

1- Does this Doorbell work with this NVR?
Yes, but not if you connect it to the NVR directly, you will need to add it across the network via IP address so that it has its own internet connection (to work in the mobile app). When you add it to the NVR, the NVR will treat it like a standard camera - i.e. it will only let you view and record the footage, but operating the doorbell needs to be done via the Hik-Connect app or on an indoor station (screen).

2- Do I need PoE box like Hikvision DS-3E1105P-EI to power up the doorbell?? or connecting it to available ethernet port on the back of NVR would supply the power? As far as I know all other 6 cameras are connected directly to the NVR and receive power from NVR directly without any PoE box.
Yes, you will either need to use a POE switch like the DS-3E1105P-EI, or, if you use a separate 12V power supply instead of POE, you can connect it to your network via Wi-Fi.

3- Do I need to buy Hikvision intercom display screen DS-KIS603-P once I added the doorbell? or I can view my footages using my TV or smartphone?
No, but it is usually recommended as you can only operate it from the mobile app otherwise. You cannot connect an external chime to these either, so you need to use an indoor station to hear when the doorbell is rung. Also, you need to install a microSD card in a connected indoor station if you would like to receive snapshots with the alerts from the doorbell in the app.

You can view footage in the app without an indoor station, but it will only be the live stream. However, you can connect the NVR to view recordings, of course.
To view footage on the TV, you will need to use your NVR's HDMI port to connect it to the TV, but you will not be able to operate it from the NVR as mentioned above.

Upvote 0
Hi, answers below for you - let me know if I can clarify anything :)

Yes, but not if you connect it to the NVR directly, you will need to add it across the network via IP address so that it has its own internet connection (to work in the mobile app). When you add it to the NVR, the NVR will treat it like a standard camera - i.e. it will only let you view and record the footage, but operating the doorbell needs to be done via the Hik-Connect app or on an indoor station (screen).

Yes, you will either need to use a POE switch like the DS-3E1105P-EI, or, if you use a separate 12V power supply instead of POE, you can connect it to your network via Wi-Fi.

No, but it is usually recommended as you can only operate it from the mobile app otherwise. You cannot connect an external chime to these either, so you need to use an indoor station to hear when the doorbell is rung. Also, you need to install a microSD card in a connected indoor station if you would like to receive snapshots with the alerts from the doorbell in the app.

You can view footage in the app without an indoor station, but it will only be the live stream. However, you can connect the NVR to view recordings, of course.
To view footage on the TV, you will need to use your NVR's HDMI port to connect it to the TV, but you will not be able to operate it from the NVR as mentioned above.
Thank you very much @Kyle for the clear and comprehensive answers. I might ask you more questions later on if I come across something else. :)

Upvote 0
In fact I would not want chime or indoor station, I just simply prefer notification or to receive call on my mobile phone when people press the doorbell button.

Upvote 0
Back