01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Question about DS-7732NI-I4 / 16P NVR Intrusion detection

Rob887

Hello.
I'm probably being silly and missed a setting somewhere.

I have two identical IP cameras on my NVR.

Both have intrusion detection and line cross turned off for alerts (not enabled).
But on one of the cameras if i go on the NVR and do a 'smart' search for either line cross or intrusion where ever i want on the screen it will search all recordings files for detection. Other camera wont do it.

DS-7732NI-I4 / 16P
(all firmware up to date (today))

Apologises for explaining this really badly.

Thank you

Attachments

• doesnt work.png
    doesnt work.png
    945 KB · Views: 215
  • works.png
    works.png
    558.5 KB · Views: 197
What models are the 2 cameras you have? it is probably just an age issue with the newer camera supporting the smart search feature. Smart search is not actually linked to the Event settings, you can read more about the different types of playback in this forum post:

Thank you for your reply.
I did read that link.
When buying a camera how do we know what one will work and what one wont ? (with smart NVR search)

Please see attached photos. These are the two cameras. One works one doesn't

I've also just bought a new "HikVision DS-2CD2T46G1-4I/SL 2.8mm" 2019 model and that one doesn't let me do NVR smart search,

thank you

Attachments

• cameras.png
    cameras.png
    29.1 KB · Views: 177
Does anyone have an answer on how to tell before purchasing the camera what one will work with nvr smart search.

Thank you

Apologies, I missed your post before the Christmas break. Any of the current G1 Family cameras will definitely support Smart Search, any camera with 2xx3 or 2xx5 in the product code are G1 cameras.

The G1 equivalents of the camera models you currently have would be the 2T45FWD-I5 4MP Bullet Camera or the 2T65G1 6MP Darkfighter Bullet Camera which is available in both the -I5 and -I8 options.

Back