01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

iVMS-4200 Problems with IVMS 4200 and the maximum 1024 cameras limit?

mbwinnipeg

Problems with the 1024 Camera limit.
I do you over 25 DVRs with a total of over 2000 cameras.

So, I am trying to divide them up into different configurations. but...
Problem 1)
I am hitting the camera limit with only 300 cameras in groups.
That counts towards the 1024 Camera limit.
- Does the device take up (for example 32 channels) 32 cameras and then If I have a group of all..., an additional 32 cameras? plus any other groups from the same device.
- Does it use Alarms or do other items go towards the limit?
- How do the Custom views affect the limit? (also does custom view have a limit itself and also add to the 1024 limit)
- All my DVRs are installed with an IP address. Is there a difference between IP and Hik-Connect devices in regards to the limit?

Problem 2)
This will be a headache to manage 2000 cameras like this on one computer
- are there other solutions?
- I have been exporting and importing small groups as I need them
- I might also install it on other computers and Remote into them as needed.
- Is there a way to run multiple IVMS on one computer? or start-up different configurations?

PS This problem seemed to turn up around 18 months ago, I installed up to 1024 cameras without a problem, but now it is hitting a 300-camera limit.
V3.10.1.7

Computer
Windows 10 Enterpirse
10.0.19045 Build 19045
x64
i3-4130 CPU 3.4
8 GB.

Any info will be appreciated.

Attachments

• 01-02-24 15-29-32.jpg
    01-02-24 15-29-32.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 507
Problems with the 1024 Camera limit.
I do you over 25 DVRs with a total of over 2000 cameras.

So, I am trying to divide them up into different configurations. but...
Problem 1)
I am hitting the camera limit with only 300 cameras in groups.
That counts towards the 1024 Camera limit.
- Does the device take up (for example 32 channels) 32 cameras and then If I have a group of all..., an additional 32 cameras? plus any other groups from the same device.
- Does it use Alarms or do other items go towards the limit?
- How do the Custom views affect the limit? (also does custom view have a limit itself and also add to the 1024 limit)
- All my DVRs are installed with an IP address. Is there a difference between IP and Hik-Connect devices in regards to the limit?

Problem 2)
This will be a headache to manage 2000 cameras like this on one computer
- are there other solutions?
- I have been exporting and importing small groups as I need them
- I might also install it on other computers and Remote into them as needed.
- Is there a way to run multiple IVMS on one computer? or start-up different configurations?

PS This problem seemed to turn up around 18 months ago, I installed up to 1024 cameras without a problem, but now it is hitting a 300-camera limit.
V3.10.1.7

Computer
Windows 10 Enterpirse
10.0.19045 Build 19045
x64
i3-4130 CPU 3.4
8 GB.

Any info will be appreciated.
I would just add another desktop computer. But I would use at least an i7 otherwise it tends to lag.

I think I found a solution
You have to install 3.5.0.9. All version after this has a 256 camera limit. It works but I do have a too small buffer problem on some of the cameras. Not sure if the problems are related. Still working on the problem when I have time.

You have to install 3.5.0.9. All version after this has a 256 camera limit. It works but I do have a too small buffer problem on some of the cameras. Not sure if the problems are related. Still working on the problem when I have time.
Yeah, I have the same problem, how did you solve it?

install 3.5.0.9
I have been using it for 2 weeks and it seems ok. Probably have 500 camera on it.
Need at least 16GB of RAM.

Any version after that has a 256 camera limit.

I have a too small buffer error on one of my nvr’s sites. Might be a non related problem.

I don’t know if there is a long term solution. As it is the programmers that put the camera limit. Software is Probably unstable with lots of cameras.

If any programmers read this, I would love if there was an easy way to transfer for different groups on 256 camera. Before I found this solution, I have to backup and restore different setups. And restore the software. As there is a server running in the background. There might be a way of having different clients install on the same computer.

If you hear of any other solution. Please reply to this post. Very hard to find info. We are a small minority of people that have lots of cameras, but do not want to pay for the Hikvison's central licensing per camera.

install 3.5.0.9
I have been using it for 2 weeks and it sees ok. Probably have 500 camera on it.
Need at least 16 gb of ram.

Any version after that has a 256 camera limit.

I have a too small buffer error on one of my nvr’s sites. Might be a non related problem.

I don’t know if there is a long term solution. As it is the programmers that put the camera limit. Software is Probably unstable with lots of cameras.

If any programmers read this, I would love if there was an easy way to transfer for different groups on 256 camera. Before this found this solution, I have to backup and restore different setups. And restore the software. As there is a server running in the background. There might be a way of having different clients install on the same computer.

If you hear of any other solution. Please reply to this post. Very hard it find info. We are a small minority of people that have lots of cameras, but do not want to pay for the hikvisons central licensing per camera.
OK, I installed version 3.5.0.9 and it works.
I have nearly 2000 cameras and I don't want to license them.

Can we talk through a different program such as WhatsApp or Discord to talk more comfortably? if it suits you

Really intrigued to know what you are using 2,000 cameras for?

Thank you so much for your post. I was finally able to view all the cameras. I appreciate your response to helping us all

Hello @mbwinnipeg,
I tried the V3.5.0.9 version linked by @Dan but was only able to get up to 1024 channels before getting an error. Did you download a different release than the one he linked?

Hello guys!
I'm new on this forum and I've actually registered specifically for this post!
I've used multiple IVMS versions over the years and lately I have an issue with the latest version 3.11
I have over 440 channels and when I tried to import a new NVR, the NVR was imported but no Live view group was imported. I've tried to create a group trough various ways but unfortunately nothing... Then I remembered about the 256 cameras limitations and had a look in resource overview where surprise! I can see that I clearly have over 256 and the info message says I can "handle them" but i cannot add more!
I've downloaded the 3.5.0.9 E version from the above link and played with it a little but the strange part is that in resource overview it says that it supports still 256 maximum cameras...
The question is... For those who were able to add up to 1024 cameras, did you all used the 3.5.0.9 E version or is there another 3.5.0.9 version ?? I had a look online but I can only find the same 3.5.0.9 E exe that was posted above...
Appreciate any kind of input! Thanks!

Attachments

• 3.11.1.7..png
    3.11.1.7..png
    78 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
I can verify that I am installing
iVMS-4200(V3.5.0.9_E) -- download some place on the web around Mar of 2024
and getting at least 700 cameras room.
make sure you have 16 gb of ram.

This is the extracted file name. I do not have the original zip file but I am assuming it is the same.

Hello guys!
I'm new on this forum and I've actually registered specifically for this post!
I've used multiple IVMS versions over the years and lately I have an issue with the latest version 3.11
I have over 440 channels and when I tried to import a new NVR, the NVR was imported but no Live view group was imported. I've tried to create a group trough various ways but unfortunately nothing... Then I remembered about the 256 cameras limitations and had a look in resource overview where surprise! I can see that I clearly have over 256 and the info message says I can "handle them" but i cannot add more!
I've downloaded the 3.5.0.9 E version from the above link and played with it a little but the strange part is that in resource overview it says that it supports still 256 maximum cameras...
The question is... For those who were able to add up to 1024 cameras, did you all used the 3.5.0.9 E version or is there another 3.5.0.9 version ?? I had a look online but I can only find the same 3.5.0.9 E exe that was posted above...
Appreciate any kind of input! Thanks!

There is no problem with iVMS-4200(V3.5.0.9_E) at the moment, I am displaying about 1500 cameras.

Back