01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Problem with icon on display

I have a HikVision 7208Q DVR but the when I look at the camera windows on the DVR monitor I see a red and black box, top right hand corner. I don't get this if I connect via the HikVision app on my phone. Is there any way of getting rid of it.

Can you upload an image please, so that we can see the icon in question, thanks.

Can you upload an image please, so that we can see the icon in question, thanks.
Screenshot 2020-09-20 at 19.02.00.png

Hi @Anthony Denson

That is the record symbol to make you aware that the camera is recording to the DVR, the only way to remove this symbol is to disable recording for this camera in DVR record settings, once you untick Enable Schedule under the record settings the DVR will stop recording this camera and symbol will disappear.

If you only need the symbol to disappear during specific times of day you can always adjust the record schedule so that it stops recording only for an hour or the couple of hours that you need it to and then start recording automatically once you have finished your live stream.

I've always thought that icon is a bit of nuisance. I have a few cameras that when positioned in optimium positions the huge NVR red recording Icon obliterates an important part of the field of the real-time NVR view.

To Hikvision: Firstly the icon is far too big & obtrusive to simply tell you that recording is enabled in the NVR, and secondly, why do you need it at all? If it is thought to be necessary then PLEASE can you make it less obtrusive and/or make it possible to position it where you like via the OSD settings? For example, why not simply make it a character size red dot in the time, date or camera name sequence?

P.S. - Don't get me started on the pop-up thumbnails that appear just above the taskbar on replay via the NVR firmware that slow things down and can't be turned off..

Last edited:
Back