01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

NVR DS-7616NI-K2/16P - Problem with Live View Toolbar

BazzaUK

Hi all,

I'm relatively new around here, but been lurking for some time. I was wondering if anybody could help me with a problem I'm having recently.

I recently updated the firmware on my DS-7616NI-K2/16P to the latest (according to the Hikvision site i was on anyway) firmware which was V4.32.115 Build 211129 which appeared on the european site on 15th Dec 2021.

Since I updated the firmware, the whole experience has changed (some would argue for the better), but I seem to be missing the manual record and photo options from the new toolbar which appears when hovering over any camera in Live View.

Previously I used to be able to go to any of my cameras which are set to record only on events (intrusion detection) and manually override it to record or take a photo. Now, the option doesn't exist. I only have the following options available to me: Playback, Digital Zoom, PTZ Control (on PTZ cams only), Audio On/Off, Stream Type (sub, main).

I have attached a screenshot so you can see what I mean. I am logged in as admin, and as far as im aware, I have full rights to everything. When logged in via the Hikvision iPhone App, I can still record and take a photo (to the phone, not the DVR). I do not use Hik-Connect to connect remotely, as I have a static IP and am a network engineer so I don't need it. It worked fine previously on the old firmware.

Anybody else experiencing this? Any ideas how to get the functions back?

Thanks in advance,

Baz

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-26 at 7.07.51 pm.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-01-26 at 7.07.51 pm.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 221
Hi all,

I'm relatively new around here, but been lurking for some time. I was wondering if anybody could help me with a problem I'm having recently.

I recently updated the firmware on my DS-7616NI-K2/16P to the latest (according to the Hikvision site i was on anyway) firmware which was V4.32.115 Build 211129 which appeared on the european site on 15th Dec 2021.

Since I updated the firmware, the whole experience has changed (some would argue for the better), but I seem to be missing the manual record and photo options from the new toolbar which appears when hovering over any camera in Live View.

Previously I used to be able to go to any of my cameras which are set to record only on events (intrusion detection) and manually override it to record or take a photo. Now, the option doesn't exist. I only have the following options available to me: Playback, Digital Zoom, PTZ Control (on PTZ cams only), Audio On/Off, Stream Type (sub, main).

I have attached a screenshot so you can see what I mean. I am logged in as admin, and as far as im aware, I have full rights to everything. When logged in via the Hikvision iPhone App, I can still record and take a photo (to the phone, not the DVR). I do not use Hik-Connect to connect remotely, as I have a static IP and am a network engineer so I don't need it. It worked fine previously on the old firmware.

Anybody else experiencing this? Any ideas how to get the functions back?

Thanks in advance,

Baz
It's not a function I ever used but you're right it's no longer possible to start a manual recording from the toolbar. I prefer it that way, as for those who are recording on a 24/7 schedule, it worked the other way round and would stop the scheduled recording. It was too easy to do that and I usually removed the "Local Manual Operation" and "Remote: Manual Operation" from a users permissions to prevent it.

My own NVR is an I series so doesn't have the same interface. I did update a family members K2 to that version recently, so I'll take a look when I'm there next. It may still be possible - Hikvision may just have taken that function away from the toolbar and put it elsewhere.

It's not a function I ever used but you're right it's no longer possible to start a manual recording from the toolbar. I prefer it that way, as for those who are recording on a 24/7 schedule, it worked the other way round and would stop the scheduled recording. It was too easy to do that and I usually removed the "Local Manual Operation" and "Remote: Manual Operation" from a users permissions to prevent it.

My own NVR is an I series so doesn't have the same interface. I did update a family members K2 to that version recently, so I'll take a look when I'm there next. It may still be possible - Hikvision may just have taken that function away from the toolbar and put it elsewhere.
Thanks for this. I found the function quite useful if i was watching something on a camera set to event record and there was no trigger, but was something i would like to capture. Now, im not even sure how i would go about doing it without going into the menus and reconfiguring the recording to manual. What a faff!

Obviously my use-case may be different to others though, and I appreciate that.

It just seems a backward step to remove it completely, as opposed to just perhaps disable it by default but allow you to still turn it on easily. I only wishi could turn it back on.

Thanks for the help so far though, it's much appreciated.

Barry

Thanks for this. I found the function quite useful if i was watching something on a camera set to event record and there was no trigger, but was something i would like to capture. Now, im not even sure how i would go about doing it without going into the menus and reconfiguring the recording to manual. What a faff!

Obviously my use-case may be different to others though, and I appreciate that.

It just seems a backward step to remove it completely, as opposed to just perhaps disable it by default but allow you to still turn it on easily. I only wishi could turn it back on.

Thanks for the help so far though, it's much appreciated.

Barry
I agree, sometimes Hikvision make changes to the way things operate that aren't for the better.

For example they removed the option on the NVR (certain NVRs and firmware), to be able to alter the permissions for a user. So the admin user could create a new user and password from the local interface but couldn't change their permissions to suit the use required - the admin would have to separately login via the web interface to alter those permissions. Not sure why they thought that was a good idea...

The mind really does boggle sometimes with the decisions they make. It's bizarre that anybody would think thats a good idea.

Back