01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect No video shows in web browser

FMP51

I’ve got some kind of cheap HIk system installed and since day one I can’t see any video when I browse to the DVR webpage, this makes using the box to download a specific time/date useless.
The installer is clueless about it and has promised to call round but keeps putting me off.

I’ve done some googling and from what I can gather it’s to do with needing a plug-in to view the video feed but this plugin isn’t available or supported by HIK.

So I figure it’s time to get a new DVR unit but there are so many models.
Any suggestions, it’s for 2 hard wired cameras and I’m more than capable of changing the hdd from one box to another or fitting an SSD inside it.
Or is there a fix for my box?

thanks

Hi @FMP51

Are you using a Mac or Windows computer? Where are you seeing that the plugin isn't available / supported?
Could you also share a screenshot of the Basic Information page for your DVR please? In a browser, go to:
Configuration > System > System Settings > Basic Information

You could also install the iVMS-4200 video management software, to which you can add the DVR and view the cameras without a plugin. This video shows how to do this:

Hi @FMP51

Are you using a Mac or Windows computer? Where are you seeing that the plugin isn't available / supported?
Could you also share a screenshot of the Basic Information page for your DVR please? In a browser, go to:
Configuration > System > System Settings > Basic Information

You could also install the iVMS-4200 video management software, to which you can add the DVR and view the cameras without a plugin. This video shows how to do this:

Hi

Thanks for replying, the plugin issue was something I looked into a while back when I first tried to get it working, it was on another forum where it was mentioned that the plugin used an out of date unsupported format which most newer browsers dont support.

Ive attached screens shots of the issue and the config page

Ive installed the software and set it up and it works fine. I was looking how to download a particular section of footage and I think I have found out how to, but where does it get downloaded to.?

Thanks again
Hik basic.jpg
HIK screen.jpg

No problem at all.

You're right, I think you may have issues with using the plugin with that DVR in Firefox.
You could try Internet Explorer, you might need to download the plugin using the jigsaw piece button at the top of the page:

1624958925211.png

iVMS-4200 is probably the best/fastest solution. You can see and change where on your PC the extracted footage is saved to in:
Maintenance and Management > System Configuration > File

1624960329974.png

This video is a nice thorough tutorial for using the software too:

No problem at all.

You're right, I think you may have issues with using the plugin with that DVR in Firefox.
You could try Internet Explorer, you might need to download the plugin using the jigsaw piece button at the top of the page:

View attachment 6078

iVMS-4200 is probably the best/fastest solution. You can see and change where on your PC the extracted footage is saved to in:
Maintenance and Management > System Configuration > File

View attachment 6079

I did try IE and Chrome and a couple of other browsers with no success, the software you have suggested works great so I will stick with that.

Would like a working DVR though, any suggestions on one that works out of the box

I'm afraid that we only have experience with NVRs (for IP cameras with RJ45 connectors), rather than DVRs (for analogue cameras with coax connections), so I wouldn't be able to make an informed recommendation for a replacement DVR.

Your best bet is to ask an analogue CCTV supplier for their suggestions and which are compatible with your cameras, but I would imagine that most of these models should be fine - Hikvision Pro Series DVRs

The NVR we recommend is the DS-7608NI-I2-8P, but this would require you change all of your cameras too.

I'm afraid that we only have experience with NVRs (for IP cameras with RJ45 connectors), rather than DVRs (for analogue cameras with coax connections), so I wouldn't be able to make an informed recommendation for a replacement DVR.

Your best bet is to ask an analogue CCTV supplier for their suggestions and which are compatible with your cameras, but I would imagine that most of these models should be fine - Hikvision Pro Series DVRs

The NVR we recommend is the DS-7608NI-I2-8P, but this would require you change all of your cameras too.

Yeah im trying to avoid HIK hardware for the reason that I have the current issue with, the software works fine for me.

I managed to download a section of video but I have now forgotten how I do it, can you advise please

You need to use the download button in the playback toolbar:

Screenshot 2021-07-01 092613.png

Then select the camera(s) you want to download the footage from and then set the start and end time for the export in the right hand flyout.

Back