01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

No Re/Write on Series M? - using WD Purple HDDs

John A

Good morning all,

I've been trying to work out why my Drives just fill and not R/W or Overwrite once all are filled. I think the settings on the Series M are correct?
I had to reformat in the middle of the night to stop the bleeping so the photo shows free space.
Am I missing something or maybe the disks are missing a jumper>?

Any help appreciated.
Thanks
John

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-26 073632.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-09-26 073632.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 83
Good morning all,

I've been trying to work out why my Drives just fill and not R/W or Overwrite once all are filled. I think the settings on the Series M are correct?
I had to reformat in the middle of the night to stop the bleeping so the photo shows free space.
Am I missing something or maybe the disks are missing a jumper>?

Any help appreciated.
Thanks
John
I think it's a HD problem, I have 4 WD purple 6TB. They were already used drives and I'm seeing errors on two - Any suggestions on the latest and greatest?

Hi @John A

You'll need to set the "Keep Videos/Pictures for" field in your Advanced Recording Schedule settings to "0" for the NVR to overwrite the oldest footage when the hard drives fill up:

Screenshot 2023-09-29 152417.png

It's worth running the S.M.A.R.T and Bad Sector Detection hard drive tests in Storage>Schedule Settings>Advanced in a web browser to verify if these are the problem.

We still recommend the WD Purple and Toshiba S300 Surveillance drives:

The Seagate Skyhawk drives are also very popular :)

Thank you for this info Kyle, running through some tests this week end. Best regards

Back