01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

New router installed and my Hikvision system is now showing as offline?

collyoneill

Hi,

Have Hikvision Intercom system and cameras connected to a DS-3E1105P-EI Hikvision 5 Port POE Switch, all was working fine until the router was changed today and now I can no longer get system to work (internet is working on new router but only thing i cannot get working is the Hikvision equipment).

Everything showing offline on the SADP and IVMS tool, it is a while ago when i originally configured these so i am a little rusty as to how i got the network connection going in the first place.

I would have thought it should be a relatively straightforward changeover when going from one router to another so i don't want to start messing with the configuration and lose the original setup - any help would be greatly appreciated,

Kind regards,
Colin,

Solution
Hi,

Have Hikvision Intercom system and cameras connected to a DS-3E1105P-EI Hikvision 5 Port POE Switch, all was working fine until the router was changed today and now I can no longer get system to work (internet is working on new router but only thing i cannot get working is the Hikvision equipment). Everything showing offline on the SADP and IVMS tool, it is a while ago when i originally configured these so i am a little rusty as to how i got the network connection going in the first place. I would have thought it should be a relatively straightforward changeover when going from one router to another so i don't want to start messing with the configuration and lose the original setup - any help would be greatly appreciated,

Kind...
Hi,

Have Hikvision Intercom system and cameras connected to a DS-3E1105P-EI Hikvision 5 Port POE Switch, all was working fine until the router was changed today and now I can no longer get system to work (internet is working on new router but only thing i cannot get working is the Hikvision equipment). Everything showing offline on the SADP and IVMS tool, it is a while ago when i originally configured these so i am a little rusty as to how i got the network connection going in the first place. I would have thought it should be a relatively straightforward changeover when going from one router to another so i don't want to start messing with the configuration and lose the original setup - any help would be greatly appreciated,

Kind regards,
Colin,
Is it just the router that was changed or have you changed ISP? The most likely reason for the Hikvision kit being offline is that it’s using static IP addressing and the new router is using a different subnet. For instance if your Hikvision kit is addressed 192.168.0.x and your new router is on 192.168.1.x it’ll no longer work. As you’ve said everything else is working (presumably because everything else gets it’s IP automatically via DHCP), the easiest way to resolve this would be to log into the router and change its LAN subnet to match what the previous router/your Hikvision system is using.

Upvote 1
Solution
Hi JB1970 - i got home last night and based on what you said i easily resolved the issue - the IP addressing needed updating as it was not done automatically on the Hikvision equipment, appreciate your guidance, i was trying to resolve the issue via the IVMS software tool but it was much easier than that, just had to reconfigure the IP addressing via the internal intercom monitor.

Thanks for your help,
Colin.

Upvote 0
Back