01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware New HikVision Firmware for -I NVRs - new V4.51.005

I have a 7616NI-I2 /16P, yesterday upgraded from 4.50.00 to the new 4.51.005, no longer works in chrome, firefox or IE, just get blank log in page, works in Edge but the update firmware option is greyed out, I would like to downgrade back to 4.50 if possible, unless anybody can help with getting log in page working.

Worked before using the IE tab, but no longer, always had trouble getting live view to work, I have upgraded at least a couple of times with just the problem with live view not working straight off, this plugin local services thing what does it do, seems to make no difference, Always has the option to download on top even after downloaded and installed many times.

I can log in using Chrome in Incognito Mode
Hi Smokie, not sure if you still have this issue but if the “upgrade” button is greyed out to the left of it click on the actual greyed out file icon to the left. A pop up box should then appear for you to select a previous download if you have it available? I don’t know if it will automatically overwrite the newest update, I’m not trying it as my update has worked, but it’s worth a try.

Hikvision PTZ cameras
Hi, looks like bug fix release is available on the global HIK website..
4.51.006_210708 (no release notes)
and not yet on the UK download portal.
maybe its addressing some of the reported issues.

Hi, looks like bug fix release is available on the global HIK website..
4.51.006_210708 (no release notes)
and not yet on the UK download portal.
maybe its addressing some of the reported issues.
Took the new v4.51.006 firmware for a spin on my 7608NI-I2/8P. No negatives to report but then I didn't have any issues anyway.

^ still can't get all of my 4x cameras to work on Live View on MacOS! Is there a reason it's only streaming 2x a time?

mine updated by self for the first time :) it was already installed!!! with the new online upgrade system!

Reactions: Dan
I've downloaded and installed it. I don't suppose it will correct the playback bug when switching between Normal and Smart Playback...

V4.40.017. When reviewing events in Smart Playback switching to Normal will continue playback seamlessly at the same point in the timeline, switching back to Smart again will also keep the same position in the timeline (jumping to the next event marker as expected).

V4.50 on. Switching from Smart to Normal will keep the same position in the timeline as above, but switching from Normal to Smart the NVR forgets the current position and jumps back to the earliest event marker in that day. This means to get back where you previously were you need to manually scroll the timeline back past all the events you've already reviewed. Time consuming and not very slick.

This has been explained to Hikvision support and they won't acknowledge it. After several e mails I got annoyed and gave up (and they never sent the camera they told me I'd won following their webinar prize draw!) It's worse still on the K series NVRs with version 4 firmware where the bug is present when switching in either direction - the playback jumps back regardless of whether you're going from Smart to Normal or Normal to Smart.

I had an I series delivered with 4.40.017 on the other day and recorded it working correctly on my phone, before updating the firmware and recording it again broken.

Edit: Just checked on 4.51.007 and the issue remains.

Last edited:
...and still the reboot of the NVR after the update has necessitated the redrawing of all motion detection areas on cameras that support shape drawn motion.

Back