01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect My NVR DS-7608NXI-12/8P/S remains unlinked and offline?

Andy, I followed yr advice. My resolution is already at min., my laptop is linked to the router by cable and I tried the icons at the bottom, camera etc.. No luck yet.

Jack

1614265929092.png
1614266012122.png

Hi Jack. Are your cameras fully installed and fixed in place or are you able to access them easily?
If you can, try connecting a different Cat 5 or Cat 6 lead to see if that makes any difference. On your screen the grey boxes shouldn’t be present if there’s a signal.
It looks as if your cameras are setup via the second stream not main. Right click on the 2 which is at the right of each camera icon, you should be able to switch to the main stream then. Sorry but I can’t remember much more as once I set mine up I hid my NVR away in case we are burgled. It isn’t easily accessible now, sorry.

Try contacting one of the admin on here directly as I’m sure they’ll be able to resolve this for you if the above doesn’t work. Sorry but I’m mostly self taught so not much use.

Also, is your NVR connected directly to your router? If it isn’t, e.g. via power link, connect it directly to see if it makes a difference. If that works you know that your setup is correct and it’s an issue with your network.

HELLO ANDY. All my eight cameras are installed but accessible. They are connected with CAT 5e cables. The length of cable vary from 2 m to 30 m depending on location of camera. If I add up the total length of cable feeding into my NVR THERE are about 250 m.I had no problem in seeing all cameras on my NVR, but recently when repositioning one camera by no more than 1 m and without changing cable, lost the camera all together. The flickering lights on the NVR rear of that particular camera (port 2) started to flicker sporadically. unlike the others. I checked the cable with my Klein Tools RJ45 Lanexplorer and found the cable in order. If I test the camera (ColoirVu fixed bullet ds-2cd2047g1-l, 6mm) on a short CAT5e cable no problem. All this said I still will concentrate on trying to get this recorder online and follow your suggestions.

Thank you again.

Jack

1614537787111.png

I don’t think the total length of cabling has an impact, each camera should work fine on anything up to 100m I think?
If you have an intermittent problem with one cable I’d just change it.
Like I said before, try plugging your NVR directly into your router. Try it with one camera making sure it’s on the main feed. If you have a picture you know your setup is correct. If not, my guess is it’s still an issue with your network.

Back