01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Moved to new home with Hikvision system installed, requires update

ezekiel1122

Hi everyone,

I hope I can get some advice on here and replace the IP cameras myself rather than hiring someone else to do it.

The background is that we've recently moved to a new home and it does have Hikvision PoE CCTV installed:
2 x DS-2CD2335FWD-I
5 x DS-2CD2232-i5

I have already replaced the really old looking NVR that I didn't have a password for with a Hikvision DS-7608NI-K2/8P with an old 2TB and a 1.5TB HDD.
I was hoping I could access the cameras and reset them but when using the Hikvision tool SADP I can find the new NVR and use it's functionality but it's not possible to use the connected cameras. Some security firm installed them many years ago and they aren't helpful with providing the password, which seems to be where the problem lies.
Perhaps it's also a good time to update the system in general as it must be at least 5 years old would be my guess.

The camera setup around the house is such that the two turret cameras are at the front and the back doors while the other five bullet cameras are mainly positioned high up underneath the roof, facing into the garden and the sides of the house. The house has a 20m or so driveway that one of the camera faces directly. There are also a few floodlights with motion-sensors that come on at night. In general the area is completely pitch-black at night so I thought getting IR based cameras again would be a non-obtrusive way to go.

What would you recommend that I do with regards to these cameras? Shall I go and just upgrade to more recent versions and if so then what would you recommend? For the bullet cameras I've been recommended Hikvision DS-2CD2066G2-IU 2.8mm cameras. For the two turret cameras so far I simply went on Ebay and got two cheap used ones to see if the whole setup is actually working (2x DS-2CD2342WD-I 2.8mm) and I guess those don't need to be that sophisticated anyway as any intruder would be captured by the other cameras first.

Any advice is highly appreciated.

Hi @ezekiel1122

You should be able to reset the password of the 2335FWD turret cameras by opening the MicroSD card cover on the ball of the turret and performing a full hard reset using the reset button.

Unfortunately, I believe the 2232 bullets predate the physical hard reset button and so there is no manual way to default these cameras.

We would definitely recommend replacing the 2232 bullet cameras with something like the DS-2CD2066G2-IU 6MP AcuSense Mini Bullet, if you can hard reset the turrets then you should be okay to keep using these but if you do want to update them we would recommend the DS-2CD2346G2-IU 4MP AcuSense Turret

Just a side note to the above - If the cameras are connected directly to your NVR - then you won't see them on SADP. You need to get yourself a POE switch and plug them into there - and then you'll be able to see them on SADP. The cameras are currently on the NVR's internal network - and can't be seen on your general household network.

Reactions: Dan
Back