01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Latest HikVision Firmware for EasyIP 3.0 Cameras - new V5.5.51 (G1 Series cameras)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Administrator
Staff member

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing some strange results after switching to this firmware, usually I can go to playback and switch to smart playback mode and it jumps fairly intelligently to each notification point, perhaps just 3 or 4 during the night. Now I have a thousands.

Seems the NVR is receiving a lot more than normal notifications of movement so it's not worth using the smart playback. However looking at the live feed on the TV the camera doesn't appear to be sending all the notifications, the bell icon shows when expected. Bit odd.

After doing this update I am getting some strange graphics on the screen

they are random colour blocks that happen on the bottom right now and again.

Only see them as I can an push notification about it as an intruder

After doing this update I am getting some strange graphics on the screen

they are random colour blocks that happen on the bottom right now and again.

Only see them as I can an push notification about it as an intruder
Do you mean the image that appears with the Hik-Connect push notification, like this?

y4mupCB40DW--_Ws0ZbIkHShs1GrC-jVyjpJ6CGJonJN5_SkV7_gxQNhgwtc5iM96zq7JIZyj3ptrcDyJbUd3U5sx4jh5ZBArzts8xluTb6ogOvj2bRtc01ffZpPI8ea4rYOn3fwGwiCgdegLSMQxG-B4VvtBZ7XSm1b6bMPwJEQK0cMqpUOqvRFH4M4_Gmxo2kXvDvn1M6UsNLKQeb4DwLSA

Last edited:
I thought that this was related to a bug in the Hik-Connect app (I've seen problems with video before that was only showing on iPhone Hik-Connect app and not on android for example) but the stills captured by event trigger which are stored on my NVR also show this same corruption. I do suspect it's a bug to do with video stream encryption, but I'm not going to turn that off just to check as I don't have a spare monitor knocking around to connect to the NVR (the only way this can be done!).

Last edited:
Seeing some strange results after switching to this firmware, usually I can go to playback and switch to smart playback mode and it jumps fairly intelligently to each notification point, perhaps just 3 or 4 during the night. Now I have a thousands.

Seems the NVR is receiving a lot more than normal notifications of movement so it's not worth using the smart playback. However looking at the live feed on the TV the camera doesn't appear to be sending all the notifications, the bell icon shows when expected. Bit odd.
I updated to the latest NVR firmware V3.4.98 and camera firmware V5.5.51 and had the same problem of having constant motion triggers even with the sensitivity turned right down. This made it so useless for checking whats happened during the night and I had to roll back to camera firmware V5.5.4 and now it seems to be working OK again. Have you managed to solve this issue?

Has anyone also had this problem?

The firmware also triggered a web components update and now IE constantly gives a playback failed message.

Last edited:
Phil have you come across this motion issue yet?

I have noticed that the latest G1 camera firmware has not been tested with the latest K Series: V3.4.93 firmware. I believe the G1 camera firmware V5.5.51 shows it was tested with the K Series NVR firmware V3.4.93 that is over a year old.

Last edited:
Interesting. I'm sure when I've tried to go back to a previous version of an NVR firmware before it just did nothing after the reboot (i.e. I was stuck with the newer firmware).

I've never tried an NVR, but the camera didn't mind when I tried various 5.x versions.

Occasionally Hikvision do enforce firmware revisions that do not allow you to downgrade.

I am noticing a blip in users having problems and wishing to downgrade.

I have no inside info, but suspect we will see new firmware versions soon.
Perhaps some sort of tidy-up of the families and firmware.
I've seen mention of 5.52 and 5.53.
I think it was linked to G0 models.
Possible improvements to browser compatibility too?
All we can do is watch & wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back