01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Is Hikvision removing functions?

duvetdave

First, I have a multi cam setup linked to a Hik K series NVR. The cams are a mix of 2145 and 2335 darkfighter cams and all firmware’s are up to date (Network Camera Firmware Version: V5.5.83 and NVR V3.4.103_181226).

I have just added a 2145 cam from useip and everything looked ok till I noticed that the Unattended baggage detection and Object removal detection Behaviour Analysis is missing. After checking the useip and Hikvision web sites this model should have these features like my other 2335 cams.

So as usual if any problems arise it's best to update all firmware’s and retest. This has now removed these features from all my other cams!

Does anyone have any knowledge of this issue? Am I missing something?

Hi @duvetdave

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we have tested with G1 cameras running both v5.5.83 and v5.5.82, both don't show the smart features you highlighted, I also tried setting these VCA features in the NVR menu and with the same cameras, the baggage detection and object removal feature were both greyed out.

I have passed your and my findings onto Hikvision Tech Support to see if we can get an explanation.

@duvetdave

Do you have the camera set to the H.265+ CODEC? Hik support just pointed this out to me, certain smart features are not compatible with the H.265+ CODEC, if you go into the cameras video settings and turn H.265+ off you should regain access to the other smart features (the camera will need to reboot when you disable H.265+)

Thanks for the quick response. I do have the cams on H.265+ and have just confirmed that the smart features do return on all cams when set to H264.

Luckily I want H265+ more than I need the baggage and object features.

Again thank you for your help.

Back