01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

I need help with cameras offline + audio issue

RexTheRunt

Hi there

I hope someone can help me! I've been struggling for months!

I have a NVR (DS-7604NI-K1) and two cameras (DS-2CD2147G2-SU). I bought the cameras specifically because they allow a line-in alternative to the on-board mic.
I am unable to get into the settings where you can change from mic to line-in. This setting is only available on the web interface. For months I struggled because the web interface is not Mac compatible. I have now installed a VM with Windows to be able to do this. I am still unable to. I suspect the issue is with my network settings.

I am able to view video from the cameras directly on the NVR interface.
However, on the web interface or using ivms4200, no video is visible and there is an error message (ivms4200):

Error Code libHCNetSDK.dylib[7]. (Connecting to device failed. The device is offline or the network timed out.)

I have checked that the camera is online in the camera Management settings (web interface):

camera is online.png

I have plugged the NVR directly into my router with an ethernet cable, and done the same with my PC.
These are the network settings on my NVR:
tcp:ip.JPG

Could someone help me to figure out why the cameras are not appearing over the network? (in the screenshot above I only have one camera plugged in for testing.)
And if I get passed this hurdle, I hope I can troubleshoot the audio menu issue. Maybe it will magically appear!

This is the menu that is missing:

HIKVISION audio menu is missing.png

Thanks!

@RexTheRunt. Enabling the NVR virtual host may help you access cameras connected to the NVR. How-to: - How do I use a Hikvision NVR's "Virtual Host" feature? an old link but may help.

Cameras connected to the NVR are on a private subnet (192.168.254.nnn) not accessible via your LAN.

David
Hi David
I'm so grateful to you for your response - no-one has ever picked up on this issue! I'm going to follow the instructions in the link and hopefully solve the problem. I'll report back shortly.

Wow, I am speechless...Months and months of struggle finally end with such a simple solution. :)
I'm able to get into the camera using the virtual host feature and I changed the audio settings from mic to line-in. Happiness!
One has to wonder why these menus are not accessible directly on the NVR's interface.

David, thanks again for taking the time to help this novice out.
Can I buy you a coffee? :D

Before I get too over-excited...
I managed to get into the camera to change the settings. ;)
However, using either ivms-4200 or the web interface, I still get no camera feeds visible. I can view the video in playback mode, but not live.
I've tried manually populating the device list in ivms-4200, but I get an error - same as above.
I was able to see these cameras at some point during my struggles, but for some reason I'm unable to now. Admittedly I'm out of my depth, and I've tried so many different things, I don't know what config I had when it was working!
Thanks for indulging me - I know it's frustrating when someone can't properly describe their issue!

Before I get too over-excited...
I managed to get into the camera to change the settings. ;)
However, using either ivms-4200 or the web interface, I still get no camera feeds visible. I can view the video in playback mode, but not live.
I've tried manually populating the device list in ivms-4200, but I get an error - same as above.
I was able to see these cameras at some point during my struggles, but for some reason I'm unable to now. Admittedly I'm out of my depth, and I've tried so many different things, I don't know what config I had when it was working!
Thanks for indulging me - I know it's frustrating when someone can't properly describe their issue!
What version of IVMS-4200 are you using?

on ivms is the NVR (192.168.1.106) listed as an online device?

David

Thanks for your speedy response David...
I'm using this version for Mac OS:
Screenshot 2023-09-25 at 12.17.41.png

Yes, the NVR is listed as an online device.

I seem to remember that when I was seeing the camera feeds, I had the NVR directly plugged into my network adapter on the Mac - i.e. not through the router. I only needed to access the cameras once using the virtual host method to change the audio settings.
Now that I try the direct method, I can't access the NVR at all.

Thanks for your speedy response David...
I'm using this version for Mac OS:
View attachment 9863
Yes, the NVR is listed as an online device.

I seem to remember that when I was seeing the camera feeds, I had the NVR directly plugged into my network adapter on the Mac - i.e. not through the router. I only needed to access the cameras once using the virtual host method to change the audio settings.
Now that I try the direct method, I can't access the NVR at all.
Is there any particular reason you are connecting the NVR WAN port direct to your MAC ethernet port? For now connect your NVR and computer to the router. Check the NVR IP address and add it as an encoding device to ivms-4200.

David

Is there any particular reason you are connecting the NVR WAN port direct to your MAC ethernet port? For now connect your NVR and computer to the router. Check the NVR IP address and add it as an encoding device to ivms-4200.

David
I just tried that as a long shot, as I thought that was how I got to see the camera feeds in the past (when I wasn't connecting via a router it seemed to work).

I have gone back to the router method. The NVR is listed as an online device in ivms-4200, no problem there.
Cameras are the issue.

Cameras are the issue.
I assume the cameras are connected to the NVR....

Checking from the monitor / mouse connected to the NVR. Does the NVR see the cameras as online and can you see live view and playback video?

What is the NVR IP address?

David

On the web interface, camera 1 is shown as online with address 192.168.254.2 (but no feed).
The virtual host IP is for camera 1 is 192.168.1.104:65001

The address is 192.168.1.104
Previously your NVR IP address was 192.168.1.106, do you know if your router is setup to always issue the same IP address to the NVR?

What is your router model / version number?

On the web interface, camera 1 is shown as online with address 192.168.254.2 (but no feed).
The virtual host IP is for camera 1 is 192.168.1.104:65001
This may be caused by the MAC browser (Safari?) you are using, the camera web plugin may not be compatible. The virtual host IP looks ok.

Did you manage to add the NVR to IVMS-4200 and is live view and playback working?

David

Previously your NVR IP address was 192.168.1.106, do you know if your router is setup to always issue the same IP address to the NVR?

What is your router model / version number?

This may be caused by the MAC browser (Safari?) you are using, the camera web plugin may not be compatible. The virtual host IP looks ok.

Did you manage to add the NVR to IVMS-4200 and is live view and playback working?

David
Thanks for your response David.

I installed a VM with Windows because there is no compatible browser + plugin for Mac.

The web interface shows the camera as online:

Screenshot 2023-09-25 at 14.55.58.png

The live view is dead:
Screenshot 2023-09-25 at 14.56.21.png

In ivms-4200 only the NVR will show as online. I've tried adding a camera manually and I get the error as before (connecting to device failed).

Yes, I have. But I can't tell if it's working, as every time I start the browser, it asks me if I want to allow it to make changes to my computer. I've installed it three times, but I don't know if it is working. How can I check if it is?

Yes, I have. But I can't tell if it's working, as every time I start the browser, it asks me if I want to allow it to make changes to my computer. I've installed it three times, but I don't know if it is working. How can I check if it is?
each time it asked did you allow the changes? If you did, does your user account have admin rights to allow changes, do you see any error messages?

It installed without an issue or any errors. When I rebooted the machine, it asked me again, and I installed it again.
I can see the live view when I log into a single camera, but not when I log into the NVR, so I don't think it's the plugin.
I'm using Microsoft Edge browser. I could try install Chrome?

Oh, I should mention that I can see the camera feed through the HikConnect app, and hear sound.

Back