01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How to start record on event and stop on no motion detected?

fox

Hello.

I have a few "DS-2CD2083G2-I" and have a question about "smart" events recording. For easy reproduction of my issue, for one camera I have next setup:

- Events:
-- motion detection: disabled
-- tamper detection: disabled

- Smart Events:
-- face datection: disabled
-- intrusion detection: enabled
-- line crossing detection: disabled

- Storage
-- Schedule Settings
--- Record Schedule: disabled
---- Advanced: enabled; pre-record: 5 seconds, post-record: 5 seconds

NVR: Synology Surveillance Station, own detection algorithms disabled ("by camera").

For intrusion detection I successfully setted up all required zones, it works fine, recording also, but...

I was walking under camera 82 seconds, and after go to my NVR looking for a records. I found that camera stops recording 3 times for a 5-6 seconds during my "walking session", this is clearly visible in the NVR interface and timecodes on the recordings.

In result, I have 4 video files: 3 files for 12 seconds and one for 16 seconds. Total recorded time is 12 + 12 + 12 + 16 = 52 seconds, but total time I walking is 82, and 82 - 52 = 20, so 20 seconds is missed on records in total.

Camera is fine: I run manual recording for 1 minute, no gaps or something issues with record.

Maybe, I can increase post-recording time, but low values may not enought for completely eliminate "gaps" in records, and high values leads to waste disk space.

Is there a some option to configure camera for "Start recording on intrusion\line crossing event and proceed until no motion in frame detected" logic?

Thanks.

Hi @fox

The simple answer is no, I don't believe there is any way to configure Intrusion Detection to record the way you want.

Have you tried using Motion Detection instead? I would think that would be more likely to record continuously for the duration of the activity.

What you should be aware of, is that there is no way to set up events for them to record 100% accurately. Sometimes it will start recording after the activity has begun or stop before it has finished, the only way for 100% reliable recording is to record continuously and just set events up for notifications so any gaps in the events are still recorded.

Hi @Dan

Iam already tried Motion Detection, and after all disable it, because of huge amount of false-positive alrams. Bugs, grass, clouds, reflections, rain, snow and some other things is a trigger for Motion Detection algoritm, even if I reduce sensivity to very low values.

Continuous recording is a solution ofcourse, but it is generates too much useless data. My NVR statistics show that I have just 100-150 events per day, each event generates ~15 second videofile. It is ~1.5 GB video per day in 4K resolution. Continuos recording in this case due to Hikvision Storage and Network Calculator is near 134 GB per day. And this is only for one camera... I think, it is too much costs for my low amount of daily events.

Anyway, current behaviour of Intrusion Detection algorithm is very strange and a little bit useless: camera detects some motion in secured area, starts recording and after a some seconds just stop it regardless of whether the movement continues. Is it really that hard to just keep recording until the movement stops? But for now, in case of using Intrustion Detection, loss of important seconds of video recording is possible.

Back