01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How does the Hikvision DS-7604NI-K1-4P(B) cope with 8MP cameras?

Sonic007

Centurion!
Trusted Member
I have the Hikvision DS-7604NI-K1-4P(B) NVR.

Currently got 4MP cameras and wondering about upgrading to 8MP.

How does the Hikvision DS-7604NI-K1-4P(B) cope with 8MP and will it be ok with 4 of them?

Or would you recommend a newer NVR?

Thanks all.

Hi,

The DS-7608NI-K1-4P(B) has a bandwidth of 40Mbps.

Hikvision's 8MP Acusense cameras use around 20-25Mbps.

You would need to look into getting an 8-channel or even a 16-channel NVR so that it could handle the 8MP cameras working at full capacity.

What cameras do you have at the moment and what are you looking to replace them with, please?

Just to point it out – if using Acusense cameras with a K-series NVR, you won’t have the ability to search for footage of only person/vehicle detections directly on the NVR.
E.g. on I-Series NVRs, you can select “human” or “vehicle” in the playback menu, and it will throw up a list of those event periods.
Other than that, the AcuSense cameras still work well on the K-Series NVRs.

We would recommend the DS-7608NI-I2-8P or the DS-7616NI-I2-16P because these have a better interface and receive more firmware updates which help with support for the new cameras.

If it's not vital you replace the NVR right at this moment then I would recommend waiting a few months for the new M-series NVR to become available. These have a higher bandwidth than the I-series NVRs so you wouldn't need to consider a 16-channel NVR.

Thanks for your advice Jake.

The cameras I currently have are:

1 DS-2CD2545FWD-I

3 DS-2CD2045FWD-I

All cameras are 4MP

No immediate rush to replace the cameras so will probably wait for the M-Series.

Back