01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How do I stop Sunlight/shadows setting off alarms for line crossings?

Photoscot

As soon as the sun pops out from behind a cloud it sets off a Line Crossing Notification on all my HI
ik Vision cameras (other than reducing sensitivity) is there any way of reducing these false alarms? (I'm not using an NVR.)

It's a real problem. All you can do is fiddle with sensitivity but frankly it's not going to work. When the scene goes from shade to full sun it's going to trigger everything. If you dial down the sensitivity so much that it stops, now nothing triggers. I've got one camera on the front of the house that is really susceptible to this.

Upvote 0
As soon as the sun pops out from behind a cloud it sets off a Line Crossing Notification on all my HI
ik Vision cameras (other than reducing sensitivity) is there any way of reducing these false alarms? (I'm not using an NVR.)
If they're not Acusense cameras (where you can enable the filter to only trigger on Human and/or Vehicle) you're limited.

Start by setting the minimum and maximum target sizes. By default there is no minimum size and the maximum size is full screen. I'd set the minimum size smaller than an average young person and the maximum larger. Bear in mind that due to the camera's perspective, the sizes of that target human are relative to the distance from the camera. So if necessary have someone stand where your line is drawn while you set those boxes.

Then set the sensitivity. Sensitivity relates to how much of your target (above) needs to be over the line to trigger. So if it's set at 20, 80 percent of the target needs to cross the line.

I can't be sure but my thought is that sensitivity will do very little unless the minimum/maximum target size is set. For example, set at 40 the camera will be looking for 60 per cent of a target object (an object between the min/max sizes) to cross the line. Without setting them, it's looking for 60 per cent of any object that's between a few pixels and full screen, so virtually everything would trigger it.

Upvote 0
Back