01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HikVision V5.5.2 Firmware - NEU or STD?

Phil

Administrator
Staff member
HikVision have just released new V5.5.2 version firmware for their G1 Platform / EasyIP 3.0 range of cameras.

When you select this firmware you are currently given a choice to select STD or NEU versions of the software.

STD = Standard
NEU = Neutral

And, at the moment, I can't work out what the difference is ;)
I've installed each, and played spot the difference.
(a Google search turned-up mention of no branding in the neutral version - it's not that. Both versions are HikVision branded)

If you work it out, let us know - Thanks.

Now superceded, seven days later, by V5.5.3
https://forum.use-ip.co.uk/threads/hikvision-easyip-3-0-cameras-new-v5-5-3-g1-series-cameras.1408/

NB the mysterious NEU version does not show with this V5.5.3 update.
There is currently only an 'EN-STD' version = English Standard.
No 'ML-STD' = MultiLanguage Standard version showing currently.

G1 Series firmware updates at 8-11-17.png

Bring back from the dead this old thread because I just check at EU Portal the firmware updates for R2, E3, G3 and G5 platforms,
and (beyond other matters) there are again 2 versions.
EN_NEU
EN_STD
No explanation txt is there for us. How the f.. we should know which one is the correct one?
Why do I have to bother Phil or anyone else willing to help in here, for something should have been solved from Hik,
before it can even appear?

Not to mention the SP (???) or the Temp (???) and the Chinese titles on G5 firmware update page.

I wonder when this company could manage to put her "stuff" in a correct order for not causing more problems than it solves.

Hi @dimo

The UK portal only shows the EN_STD version so if you are just looking for the standard UK firmware then this is the one we would recommend using, the NEU version only appears in the EU portal and so we can only think that these are for specific mainland EU regions. (but you're right that Hikvision still doesn't make this very clear and we have pointed out many of these issues to them before)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much for your reply Dan.
Unfortunately I live at the rest of Europe and not in UK.
I am not updating anything above the 5.5.800 until they explain what do they mean by that.

For not getting lazy, I will ask for help, to find out what causes "DSP is abnormal" at Acu Sence NVR :) :)

Hi,

I have the same question STD vs NEU

IPC_G3_EN_STD_5.5.801_211105.zip

IPC_G3_EN_NEU_5.5.801_211105.zip

I have to choose, I just sent an email to support.eu@hikvision.com, I will write here if they answer.

The IPC_G3_EN_STD_5.5.801_211105.zip is on UK and EU site, both identical.

Hi @ip45034

The answer to this question about the difference STD & NEU has been discussed elsewhere on the forum before, see below thread:

Back