01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision Firmware 4.30.060_201228 Release Notes?

The big annoyance for me mate is the missing alert tags on the play back screen when you select motion or smart event on playback, again hik aware of it but done nothing to fix it....
Yeah the Playback interface is absolutely awful. I actually think that the V3 firmware was way better. Here is how Hikvision should set up the playback interface in my opinion. This would cover all bases. There should still be three options as there are now - Normal/Event, Smart, Custom.

Normal/Event. This would play the scheduled recordings AND pre configured basic/smart events. In the timeline the pre configured events (alarm input, basic events and smart events) would show as markers with a colour to differentiate physical alarm inputs vs basic/smart events (green/red). There would be a button to "skip non event". Effectively you would be able to toggle between watching all the scheduled footage or only your event footage (with the 5 seconds previous). Start playback - select event only - let it skip from event to event and when you see something of interest, unclick the event button to avoid it skipping again until you're ready.

Smart & Custom can remain as they are now.

There should also be an option in the menu to completely remove the Smart Playback button from the interface. It's simply not necessary if you've set the events up how you want them. Trying to explain the difference to a customer between Smart Event and Smart Search/Playback - Jesus give me strength...

Everything currently is biased toward Smart Search/Playback. If you want to view playback of the events you've spent time setting up correctly, you have to tart around in Custom search predefining the time period and cameras. Once you've set that up what do you get when you playback the first file in the list......basically what you could do with a single click in my idea of Normal/Event above.

Last edited:
Lol you're both right and you're both wrong!

The capability for that is in the camera as opposed to the NVR. It depends on the model connected to the NVR as to what you'll see for basic event motion detection.

G1 cameras including the ColorVu G1 on V5.6.5 and original AcuSense (G1+M) on version 5.6.0 still use the grid
H3 ultra series on latest firmware still use the grid
G2 cameras (G3 platform) such as the new model ColorVu and AcuSense have the polygon.

....and it's about as much use as a chocolate teapot as however you draw the polygon, it resets itself to a rectangle when there is a reboot or power cycle.

There was a bad version of the firmware for the G3 platform where it reverted back to the grid but that was a while ago - 5.5.13x from memory

There's no need for you to come in here and make sense!

Back