01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS7608-NXI-I2/8P/4S : Only 5 of 8 ports working

Sure:

1625659137527.png

Quick Update

So I've had some quite random success ignoring the switch and port 5 on the NVR started working.
The labels I'm using are:

1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8

For these 8 ports I still can't get a camera to work in ports 6 or 7, but port 5 has started working.

1A 2B 3C 4D
5F 6- 7- 8E

I have one camera, G with no way to connect.

Here are some other clues:
When the ports indicate there is traffic to a camera it always show up on the NVR itself - but not always on the Windows App and sometimes when it does the label doesn't match. I noticed the cameras have two names. I had used the Windows app prior to the cables being scrambled so this may be a clue.

As a result I connected the camera matching the name the Windows app had for that port/connection. Hoping that might help me connect everything correctly.

But the camera in port 8 doesn't show up at all in the windows app, but it does when looking directly at the NVR.
The error I get is "Reconnecting .. The stream type is not supported by the device. Error code: OpenSDK StringError(110)".
I've checked and from what I can find it's set to H264 and Auto in terms of resolution - just like the other cameras. Incidentally, that's the same error i get for the camera when it isn't physically connected - and the other camera which isn't currently physically connected.

Quick Update

So I've had some quite random success ignoring the switch and port 5 on the NVR started working.
The labels I'm using are:

1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8

For these 8 ports I still can't get a camera to work in ports 6 or 7, but port 5 has started working.

1A 2B 3C 4D
5F 6- 7- 8E

I have one camera, G with no way to connect.

Here are some other clues:
When the ports indicate there is traffic to a camera it always show up on the NVR itself - but not always on the Windows App and sometimes when it does the label doesn't match. I noticed the cameras have two names. I had used the Windows app prior to the cables being scrambled so this may be a clue.

As a result I connected the camera matching the name the Windows app had for that port/connection. Hoping that might help me connect everything correctly.

But the camera in port 8 doesn't show up at all in the windows app, but it does when looking directly at the NVR.
The error I get is "Reconnecting .. The stream type is not supported by the device. Error code: OpenSDK StringError(110)".
I've checked and from what I can find it's set to H264 and Auto in terms of resolution - just like the other cameras. Incidentally, that's the same error i get for the camera when it isn't physically connected - and the other camera which isn't currently physically connected.
I think I understand, are your camera cables A, B, C etc?

What username / password are you using to view the video in the windows app?
Which windows App are you using?

I think I understand, are your camera cables A, B, C etc?

What username / password are you using to view the video in the windows app?
Which windows App are you using?
Yes the cameras / cables are A, B, C..
The user name and password are separate - not the admin account on the NVR itself.
The Windows app is "IVMS-4200 3.5.0.7 Client"

The user name and password are separate - not the admin account on the NVR itself.
When talking about user accounts we need to be specific, which account are you talking about?

Using ivms4200 the NVR is added as a device and needs a username / password to access the NVR, do you know what username password this is?

You can also remotely configure the NVR using IVMS4200, see attached screenshot from the maintenance & management tab

I wonder if the NVR password can be reset using ivms4200? @Dan

Screenshot 2021-07-08 at 09.56.01.png

You can only change a device password in iVMS-4200 by going into the device user settings, entering the old password, and then entering the password you want to change it to.

If you have forgotten/lost the admin password for your device then the only way to reset it is to follow the steps from the below thread and share the password reset file with the installer/reseller you bought the device from.

You can only change a device password in iVMS-4200 by going into the device user settings, entering the old password, and then entering the password you want to change it to.

If you have forgotten/lost the admin password for your device then the only way to reset it is to follow the steps from the below thread and share the password reset file with the installer/reseller you bought the device from.

I've currently got an outstanding request with Hikvision to have it reset. But will that help me fix the issues?

@deepskydiver if you are an end-user it is unlikely that Hikvision support will respond to a password reset request and if they do they will ask you to confirm who you purchased the device from as they will only perform password resets for customers that purchased Hikvision products through authorised Hikvision resellers/installers.

@deepskydiver if you are an end-user it is unlikely that Hikvision support will respond to a password reset request and if they do they will ask you to confirm who you purchased the device from as they will only perform password resets for customers that purchased Hikvision products through authorised Hikvision resellers/installers.
I believe I know the company it was purchased through and have given them that. I've had no response from that company. It's only small and might not be trading now. I'll keep my fingers crossed. But will that allow me to resolve the problem?

I believe I know the company it was purchased through and have given them that. I've had no response from that company. It's only small and might not be trading now. I'll keep my fingers crossed. But will that allow me to resolve the problem?
You may find the company here.

You can contact any local CCTV company that uses Hikvision and they will be able to reset the passwords for you and get it back up and running for the cost of a visit. If I go to a site such as yours where the system has been installed by others, my suppliers are happy to provide the file for me once I've exported the xml and e mailed them.

Hi @David

we haven't yet had our hands-on one of these AcuSense NVRs and the network setting your describing does not appear to be available on other models, do you have a screenshot of where you are seeing this setting?

Hi @David

we haven't yet had our hands-on one of these AcuSense NVRs and the network setting your describing does not appear to be available on other models, do you have a screenshot of where you are seeing this setting?
Its a general question, I've always suspected that the 8 camera ports on the rear of the NVR are on a limited IP hosts subnet like 192.168.254.1 /28 SNM 255.255.255.240.

Sorry, I thought you meant you had a particular network address box in the NVR settings that was empty and I couldn't figure out which address your description related to, the information you describe should be easily visible in the NVR network settings.

By default most Hikvision NVRs use the following addresses:

IPv4 Subnet Mask - 255.255.255.0
Internal Network Card IPv4 - 192.168.254.1 (this is the IP range that the PoE ports use to activate directly connected cameras)

I've resolved the issue with the cameras. And for those who find themselves in a similar position: here's how:

I certainly don't know what I'm doing but it's clear the company who installed it did not either. The hikvision switch is a red herring. It's not needed.
I remembered that in experimenting I'd changed a setting on port 5 - to make it plug and play rather than manual. This is why it started working. When I made the same change to ports 6 and 7 they worked too - all ports work as you'd expect.

I then found out that for both the Windows and Android app the cameras need to be sequential or the ones after the gap do not appear. With no camera in port 7 the last camera could be seen in some settings but not the live views or alarms.

So that was it: set the ports via the monitor on the NVR to be Plug and Play and make sure the cameras are in contiguous ports. It's not the first issue I've had with the house. There were dozens of meters of cables and other devices in the cabinet that I gradually cleaned up when they weren't needed. And now that switch can go too and everything is working as it should be.

Thanks for your help everyone. I got a reply on the password from Hikvision too - but the file they supplied gave me error 2022. So I've asked again.

Back