01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision Color VU - G2 - Error code 380070

abzee

Hi

I have read the post on the same issue (Failed to search the video. Error Code:380070) but still unsuccessful.

Setup - Virgin Media Router -> Wifi Mesh NW -> Hik Vision Camera.
The IP addressing and gateway are different due to mesh NW.
I do not have an NVR. Using standalone using the LAN cable from one of the secondary Wifi Mesh.
I did port forwarding on Wifi Mesh but was unsuccessful

Should I be doing port forwarding on the Router or the Wifi Mesh NW.

Regards

Last edited:
Hi

I have read the post on the same issue (Failed to search the video. Error Code:380070) but still unsuccessful.

Setup - Virgin Media Router -> Wifi Mesh NW -> Hik Vision Camera.
The IP addressing and gateway are different due to mesh NW.
I do not have an NVR. Using standalone using the LAN cable from one of the secondary Wifi Mesh.
I did port forwarding on Wifi Mesh but was unsuccessful

Should I be doing port forwarding on the Router or the Wifi Mesh NW.

Regards
Where you do the port forwarding depends on how you have your mesh setup. I'm guessing that a possible issue is that you've got your mesh network plugged into the VM router and you've not altered the setup of the VM router to suit.

What colour is the LED on your VM router. Assuming it's a Hub 3 - if the LED is White, your VM hub is in Router mode. You will effectively have two wireless networks - one for your mesh and one for your VM hub. This can cause issues with double NAT as you would have 2 routers in between your device and the internet. If the LED is Purple, your VM hub is in Modem mode and all routing is carried out by your mesh router.

I don't know what equipment your using other than the VM hub but it sounds as though your mesh has routing functions, so ideally you would:

1 - Log into the VM hub and select Modem mode. That switches off all WiFi and routing functions on the VM hub (avoiding multiple DHCP servers, double NAT issues etc)
2 - Plug your mesh router into port 1 of the VM hub (as only port 1 is active when in modem mode)
3 - Set the IP address of the camera to match the mesh networks IP range and ensure the gateway address of the camera is the mesh routers IP address
4 - Program the port forwarding as required in the mesh router (as this is now the only router - the VM Hub in modem mode acts purely as an interface between your mesh router and the internet via VMs cable network)

Back