01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikivision DVR - I'm getting flickering horizontal lines like a loss of power?

RAMROD

Hi, can I get advice I just installed hikivision dvr and 2x colourvu cameras
I connected the cameras into the 12vdc 5amp psu using the items I purchased and I'm getting flickering horizontal lines like a loss of power ,so I got the lend of another psu and connected both lines disappeared can someone advise please hope I'm in the right page, thankyou .

You're not going to get anywhere until you tell us which DVR, which cameras, and the current firmware on both. Need more info.

Hi, sorry, hikivision turbo HD 7200 series dvr
With first 2 colorvu ds-2ce72hft-f28 2.8mm 3d- dnr/ wdr/ip67 ,,5mp

And it's got latest software ...

Just when I connected the 12vdc and added second power line that come with psu it went straight into horizontal flickering lines like power loss !!!

Many of the Hikvision HDTVi cameras recommend using a separate power supply for each individual camera. It's not that a 5 Amp PSU cannot supply enough current for the two cameras, it's just that having them on a common supply causes the interference you're experiencing. So if the pictures are fine when you put them onto separate PSU's, nothing further is needed and you've already found the solution to your problem.

Edit: Confirmed this is the case for your camera model. Screenshot below from the data sheet for your camera:

Screenshot 2022-05-27 at 18.12.20.png

Hi, can I get advice I just installed hikivision dvr and 2x colourvu cameras
I connected the cameras into the 12vdc 5amp psu using the items I purchased and I'm getting flickering horizontal lines like a loss of power ,so I got the lend of another psu and connected both lines disappeared can someone advise please hope I'm in the right page, thankyou .

Many of the Hikvision HDTVi cameras recommend using a separate power supply for each individual camera. It's not that a 5 Amp PSU cannot supply enough current for the two cameras, it's just that having them on a common supply causes the interference you're experiencing. So if the pictures are fine when you put them onto separate PSU's, nothing further is needed and you've already found the solution to your problem.

Edit: Confirmed this is the case for your camera model. Screenshot below from the data sheet for your camera:

View attachment 7624
Hi, jb1970,, thankyou for returning so quickly to me I appreciate your findings and advice regarding my cctv problem and have taking your advice I have purchased another 5amp psu and things are running well , next stage is to learn hicks recordings and settings ,thankyou jb1970.

Hi, jb1970,, thankyou for returning so quickly to me I appreciate your findings and advice regarding my cctv problem and have taking your advice I have purchased another 5amp psu and things are running well , next stage is to learn hicks recordings and settings ,thankyou jb1970.
No problem. BTW you could have just got a 1 or 1.5 Amp PSU. The maximum power consumption of 3.5W in the data sheet equates to just a third of an Amp at 12V DC.

No problem. BTW you could have just got a 1 or 1.5 Amp PSU. The maximum power consumption of 3.5W in the data sheet equates to just a third of an Amp at 12V DC.
Sound chum, Eurocables recommended everything when I asked for a good cctv recording system they didn't have a value when I phoned in and explained what the problem was with there equipment, I must take up the recommended psu you texted me about instead of having the 2 cameras powered up with 2 psu , thanyou JB1970

Sound chum, Eurocables recommended everything when I asked for a good cctv recording system they didn't have a value when I phoned in and explained what the problem was with there equipment, I must take up the recommended psu you texted me about instead of having the 2 cameras powered up with 2 psu , thanyou JB1970
Just to confirm - you do still need 1 PSU for each camera but they don’t need to be 5 Amps each

Just to confirm - you do still need 1 PSU for each camera but they don’t need to be 5 Amps each
Yes , ☝️ I will be at eurocables next week and explain and get it sorted thankyou for the help and advice . Jb1970

Yes , ☝️ I will be at eurocables next week and explain and get it sorted thankyou for the help and advice . Jb1970
When I contacted eurocables they said to me the colorvu cameras are 5amp and they require a 5amp psu 12vdc,!!! And they supply only 1 psu per kit ,,,

You don't even need a 5amp supply for a PTZ camera. It may be that they only have those in stock, so are telling you that's what you need, or they are seeing a way to improve their profits by selling more expensive items. You definitely only need a 1-2amp PSU at a max consumption of 3.5w.

Yes it’s as clear as day on Hikvisions data sheet for that camera, that they recommend that each camera have its own PSU.
OK chum I will take the Hikivision details with me just to confirm thankyou for the advice

Back