01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-Connect updated to v5.0.0

Ianc

Centurion!
Trusted Member
The Hik-Connect app has been updated to v5.0.0 iOS and Android

The UI has been upgraded to be more intuitive and is going to take some getting used to.

One good feature is that when viewing a specific camera in live view, or you tap on a camera in multiple window view, the events for that specific camera are now displayed below it. So now you can view the events per camera as well as event type.

The 'Home' page displays a large scrollable preview of the cameras, or smaller grid preview (not live). If you pull down and release to refresh the preview, it displays the number of unread notifications for that camera in the top left corner of each preview.

The bug that displays 'Events (99+)' when there are less than 99 is NOT fixed!

Other feature updates:
One click switch between live view / playback
Optimised button layout in live view and playback, and support self-defined icons on the display
Support for setting light compensation for Dual Light cameras
Supports smoke alarm and fire alarms for thermal imaging cameras.

Release notes

Last edited:
I don't like it either at the moment - You can't collapse your devices as far as I can see - so if you're running a few - you've GOT to see the previews on each machine as you scroll down. I much preferred the list of devices, and then click to open the one I wanted to see. If there's a feedback route - I'd love to send that back. Bring back the option to collapse into a simple list without previews (Even if it's not the default option).

I've gotten used to it after a few days and prefer it now. It takes a bit of getting used to. The big improvements for me are:
  • easier access to playback simply toggling between live view and playback
  • events/clips for each camera directly accessible while live viewing or playing back a camera
  • being able to chose your 4 most used icons and have them in the order you want (so I can make 2 way audio convenient to get to)
I think it looks much more modern as well. It's such a big change that I expect it will be a learning curve for many.

One thing I'm not fussed on...Why have they changed the button marked 'More'. It should be 'More', 'Other', 'Settings' or 'Config' but 'Me'? That makes no sense.
much preferred the list of devices, and then click to open the one I wanted to see.

Agreed on that. We've got a scrollable large preview or a smaller grid preview of cameras available but it would be nice to be able to hide the previews altogether maybe via a settings option. It's good that there's now a time and date stamp on the preview.

I also note I've been logged out 3 times since updating a few days ago - wasn't logged out pretty much ever on the previous versions...

Which Hik Connect app are you on about? My Android App is showing as up to date (via the App store) and is V 4.27.0.1017

I also note I've been logged out 3 times since updating a few days ago - wasn't logged out pretty much ever on the previous versions...
I did see that happen once myself. As you say it previously remained logged in through reboots of the phone, app updates etc

I like the look, but crashes when I live veiw single screens. Maybe this old tab.

That looks like a bug. It just happened again on mine. If you ignore the login request, don't enter the password and close the page it jumps back to your Home Screen and is logged in

Last edited by a moderator:
Try clicking on 'Me' > Settings and inverting the switch for 'Hard-Decoding Preferred' (it may be on or off currently)
Thanks, I think hardware off has done the trick.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 'Home' page displays a large scrollable preview of the cameras, or smaller grid preview (not live). If you pull down and release to refresh the preview, it displays the number of unread notifications for that camera in the top left corner of each preview.

I don't really like the scroll preview but when you change to grid it doesn't save your preference so is scroll again when re-opening the app. Does anyone know if there's a hidden save button?

I don't really like the scroll preview but when you change to grid it doesn't save your preference so is scroll again when re-opening the app. Does anyone know if there's a hidden save button?

Not that I can see. But it would be a good addition for a future update....

Last edited:
Back