01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-Connect and latest IOS iPhone software update - can I get the tri-tone notification sound back?

ChrisM

I've searched the forum for information about Hik-Connect notification sounds. I understand that a specific notification sound can not be changed by the end user.

However, my iPhone (XS) updated it's software to iOS 17.1.1 automatically this weekend. Since then, the notification sound has changed to just a single "beep" which is quite difficult to hear. The sound used to be the "Tri-tone" which was a much better alert signal. Family members not using iOS 17.1.1 still get the "Tri-tone" on their phones.

Has anyone else experienced this ?

I'd prefer to get the "Tri-tone" alert sound back if I can.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Solution
I've searched the forum for information about Hik-Connect notification sounds. I understand that a specific notification sound can not be changed by the end user.

However, my iPhone (XS) updated it's software to iOS 17.1.1 automatically this weekend. Since then, the notification sound has changed to just a single "beep" which is quite difficult to hear. The sound used to be the "Tri-tone" which was a much better alert signal. Family members not using iOS 17.1.1 still get the "Tri-tone" on their phones.

Unfortunately ‘tri tone’ is no more. Apps can have selectable notification sounds, but that is...

Unfortunately ‘tri tone’ is no more. Apps can have selectable notification sounds, but that is down to the app developer. Where an app doesn’t have a selectable notification, it gets assigned the default notification sound. Apple have changed the default (audible) tri tone notification to a new (totally inaudible, anonymous, sure to be missed) tone. There’s a lot of negative feedback regarding it if you search. Either Apple need to change the default tone again or Hikvision need to add custom tones. It’s not good

Upvote 1
Solution
@ChrisM. This has been resolved in iOS 17.2 released the other day:

Settings > Sounds and Haptics > Default Notification Sound.

You can now pick any tone including the previous ’Tri tone’

Upvote 0
@ChrisM. This has been resolved in iOS 17.2 released the other day:

Settings > Sounds and Haptics > Default Notification Sound.

You can now pick any tone including the previous ’Tri tone’

Good news that Apple have corrected this after a lot of negative feedback, but it would be far, far better if Hik added custom tone ability into their app.

Upvote 0
Back