01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hickvision DS-7608NI-12-8P Sleep Mode?

Redialnow

Hi,
I keep loosing images of cameras off my tv screen. It’s as if my Hickvision DS-7608NI-12-8P is going into some kind of energy saving or sleep mode? I can still view remotely on Hik connect. problem is if I want to check cameras whilst watching tv I switch to hdmi 2 and screen is receiving signal but black. I thought If I try moving mouse connected to the unit it might wake up, but it doesn’t. The only way to show camera images again is to re-start the Hickvision DS-7608NI-12-8P But then a while later it goes black again on tv screen.
Am i missing something as cannot see anything about energy saving or any timer mode?
Thanks
Paul

Solution
I had tried another TV But it is an older model so I may try another one to definately eliminate that.
I will also try another HDMI as well Just to be sure all bases covered.
Thanks again.
The only other thing (and I always do this) is change Menu Output Mode from Auto to HDMI as the other connection is not in use, so I figure it's better to manually set that and I keep Auto Log Out on Never. Worth trying in case that setting is causing it to fail when switching sources after a time.
Hi,
I keep loosing images of cameras off my tv screen. It’s as if my Hickvision DS-7608NI-12-8P is going into some kind of energy saving or sleep mode? I can still view remotely on Hik connect. problem is if I want to check cameras whilst watching tv I switch to hdmi 2 and screen is receiving signal but black. I thought If I try moving mouse connected to the unit it might wake up, but it doesn’t. The only way to show camera images again is to re-start the Hickvision DS-7608NI-12-8P But then a while later it goes black again on tv screen.
Am i missing something as cannot see anything about energy saving or any timer mode?
Thanks
Paul
Sounds more like an issue with the TV or cable. It's not syncing correctly to the NVR output when you're switching sources. I had a customer swear blind his NVR was faulty as it wouldn't display on the TV and his other devices would. I took his NVR out and connected it to 4 different TV's at home then another one of his to prove it. In that case on reboot the NVR would boot and show the Hikvision splash screen but then went black screen and wouldn't show the cameras. You could try a different HDMI cable or alter the resolution of the NVR output to see if that makes a difference. In my case the TV just could no longer sync to the same 60Hz 1080P signal that it had when the system was installed.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the response. I did try a different cable. But what you say about resolution may do it. Will give it a go and report back.
Thanks again JB.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the response. I did try a different cable. But what you say about resolution may do it. Will give it a go and report back.
Thanks again JB.
I assume it would be awkward but it would be worth trying it on another TV if you have one which might prove out either way.

Upvote 0
I had tried another TV But it is an older model so I may try another one to definately eliminate that.
Thanks again.

Upvote 0
Thanks again.
The only other thing (and I always do this) is change Menu Output Mode from Auto to HDMI as the other connection is not in use, so I figure it's better to manually set that and I keep Auto Log Out on Never. Worth trying in case that setting is causing it to fail when switching sources after a time.

Upvote 1
Solution
Back