01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

G1 & G1+M Firmware Issue - Line Crossing?

That doesn't make sense, we have installed the same version on our 7716 NVR and tested multiple cameras without any problem. Do you have any other camera models connected to that NVR? Do you see the same issue on all the cameras or just the ColorVu 2347 model?

I've not seen that issue - what camera model and firmware version are you using? I'm replacing a few cameras today so can test the one I take down.
DS-2CD2543G0-IS [V5.6.3 build 190923]

That doesn't make sense, we have installed the same version on our 7716 NVR and tested multiple cameras without any problem. Do you have any other camera models connected to that NVR? Do you see the same issue on all the cameras or just the ColorVu 2347 model?

I’ll take another look later and double check the revised firmware loaded successfully. I’ll keep you posted

Hi Dan

I've done some more testing and it looks like you were right with your original thoughts - the plugin.

I was seeing identical issues with the A B flipping on other cameras - DS-2CD5A46G0. This was using Internet Explorer on my MacBook (via Parallels VM) so I tried it with Chrome (also via Parallels VM) after downloading the plugin.

With Chrome it works correctly - I can set the angle of the line in the NVR webpage beyond 90 degrees horizontal without A B switching sides and it matches correctly in the camera webpage. HOWEVER if I then close Chrome and check that line in Internet Explorer, the NVR webpage shows A B inverted again.

The same happens with Safari - all sets up correctly but displays incorrectly in the NVR webpage later if checked using Internet Explorer 11.

I uninstalled the IE plugin then reinstalled it when prompted (version 3.0.7.21) but the problem remains so it looks like it's just the plugin for IE that's at fault.

Something else is wrong.. I'm not sure what firmware I was on previously, maybe V5.6.2_Build190701.

I had an issue where all line activations stopped.

I thought it may have been ISP issue but port 25 was not a drama on either ISP emails I have.

I updated all ipc 2385 and 2355 to the latest V5.6.4_Build191224. Still the same issue.

Have been playing around with settings using a few different emails. The only thing that works is intrusion detection. Line activation will not send any email at all.

Weird.

Hi Dan

I've done some more testing and it looks like you were right with your original thoughts - the plugin.

I was seeing identical issues with the A B flipping on other cameras - DS-2CD5A46G0. This was using Internet Explorer on my MacBook (via Parallels VM) so I tried it with Chrome (also via Parallels VM) after downloading the plugin.

With Chrome it works correctly - I can set the angle of the line in the NVR webpage beyond 90 degrees horizontal without A B switching sides and it matches correctly in the camera webpage. HOWEVER if I then close Chrome and check that line in Internet Explorer, the NVR webpage shows A B inverted again.

The same happens with Safari - all sets up correctly but displays incorrectly in the NVR webpage later if checked using Internet Explorer 11.

I uninstalled the IE plugin then reinstalled it when prompted (version 3.0.7.21) but the problem remains so it looks like it's just the plugin for IE that's at fault.

Thanks for investigating further @JB1970

But I think the problem is more specific than the Internet Explorer plugin, because all our testing has been done on a standard PC using IE11 and not once since updating the firmware have we seen the line flipping issue when using IE11, so that makes me think it is specifically an issue with Internet Explorer run through Parallels on the Mac.

I will pass your above information on to the Hikvision support and see if they can identify the issue.

Hikvision have come back to me about the parallels issue, see below:

I got the feedback from HQ that we don’t suggest customers use IE browser on mac from other softwares, since we have never tested it before with our firmwares. There are limited browsers that are compatible with our devices on mac and safari is the default one.
Could you please suggest the customer use safari instead?

So not the best response but also not entirely surprising as Hikvision's support for Mac users as always been poor, this is not an impassible problem though. We would recommend that for event settings you access with Safari, Chrome, or Firefox browsers that are directly installed on the Mac (not through Parallels) and only use Internet Explorer on parallels for changing settings that cannot be managed currently from any of the above browsers.

With the I-series NVR you shouldn't encounter any problems with sharing the correct event settings between Chrome & direct monitor or direct monitor & Chrome, and the same should be the case with Firefox and Safari. The fact that the settings are different when viewed through Parallels should not have any effect on how the events perform, as long as you don't adjust any of the event settings from Parallels.

For the K-series NVR things will be trickier as they still do not currently support the same plug-in free solution that the I-series NVRs do and so you may not get any image at all when trying to access from Chrome, Firefox or Safari. For the K-series NVRs your only options for accessing from a Mac would be to use an old browser Like SeaMonkey that may still support the old NPAPI plugin or install Hikvision's iVMS-4200 software and manage the NVR from that software instead of a browser.

I don't know how they can say that with a straight face.

Back