01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect DS-KD8003-IME1 and Hik-Connect

BadKarma

Hi,
I'm looking for a Hikvision video intercom system, which I want to integrate into my current Hikvision camera system. My current system is working with "port-forwarding" and doesn't rely on Hikvision servers.
For the Hikvision Video intercom system (DS-KD8003-IME1)...do I really need to use Hik-Connect?...or does it also work with port forwarding?

Thanks,
Herman

Hi,
I have this model from a few days and I found that:
- this model requires HIK indoor station to work (without indoor station after pressing button on intercom You have audio message: calling failed),
- this model in latest firmware don't have web page to configure / live stream (other models of Hik Intercoms from Villa Station line have that web page / live view),
- You can connect to this intercom with NVR / IVMS-4200 and Hik Connect mobile apps over port forwarding - but calling on intercom don't work (so You have one camera & management),
- Mac version of IVMS-4200 can't find this intercom in auto scan, You can manually add it but there is missing some management features comparing to Windows version,
- Hik Connect P2P is done on indoor station not intercom - so without it You can't connect do Hik Connect P2P and have calling on Your mobile.
- Hik Connect P2P is required to call to Your mobile / tablet... And It has always a few second delay (comparing to Hik indoor station which connect directly to intercom).

Hi Steven,
Thanks for your reply...this is really interesting information :) .
The reason I'm not so happy to use HikConnect is because it makes you dependent from Hikvision. If they eg say tomorrow you'll have to pay a fee to use their server, then there is no other choice than to pay for it.
It's a difficult decision I must make as I already have a full camera system from Hikvision.
Hmm...in the mean time I'm going to check if there are other intercom systems that give you this indepence.

Thanks again,
Herman

Any intercom (or any other device) to send you APP notification to Your mobile require some kind of cloud & mobile app provider to do that. Usually this works like device/intercom => cloud provider => apple/google cloud => mobile with installed app (app is required to pair mobile device with notifications from exact provider/device/intercom).

The only method of not using cloud/mobile app provider are HomeKit devices (only for Apple ecosystem) - they connect to Apple Cloud directly.

Hi Steve,
Are you really sure about that?
Isn't it possible to have a system that uses my voip system to call me (SIP) and on the other hand send me the video in the manner my system now does for my cameras, with port forwarding?

Herman

On Android the sip client can stay in background and be connected 24/7 with sip
Server (but this cost battery & mobile traffic). On IOS 2-3 years ago Apple disallowed voip apps do that, the only method to send/show user notification (and wake up VoIP/messenger app when that app is not running in foreground) is sent notification From that app server (cloud) to Apple server In context that mobile device.

Back