01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-7716NXI-I4 / 16P/S - NVR AcuSense function not working?

MarcF

Hey All,
I've got a DS-7716NXI-I4 / 16P/S NVR (Firmware V4.40.810 build 210324) that I am trying to use with an older DS-2CD2343G0-I camera.

As the NVR is AcuSense and the camera is not, I have set the "Enable AI by Device" feature to pass smart event processing to the NVR. As the camera is 4mp I have also enabled "Substream Analysis" and set it to 640x480 (it's maximum).
I have then enabled Intrusion Detection and line crossing on the NVR for this camera. I've obviously setup detection areas and set Thresholds to 0 and Sensitivity to 50 (although I have tried playing around with these, but nothing seems to work). Arming schedule is set to 24/7. Linkage is set to Audible warning and notify. I also enabled rules.

The issue is.. nothing is ever triggered. It's completely ignoring it. No notifications on the NVR itself (and no alarm warning).

Not sure what else to check? Thoughts?

Just as a test, I also tried it with a DS-2CD2443G0-IW. Same as before, set to AI, set to Substream. Setup Intrusion. Nothing triggers.
The NVR is obviously not doing the processing.

Oh and in case anyone was thinking it.. Engine Configuration is set to Perimeter Protection and shows "Working". I dispute that :D

I'm going to brave the latest firmware for the NVR. Praying it doesn't start looping!

Hi @MarcF

Have you drawn the maximum and minimum target size boxes for line crossing and intrusion detection, as explained in step 4 for them in this guide?

What version is the firmware that you have updated the NVR to?

Hi @MarcF

Have you drawn the maximum and minimum target size boxes for line crossing and intrusion detection, as explained in step 4 for them in this guide?

What version is the firmware that you have updated the NVR to?

Yes I have. I have set it to smallest and largest possible to ensure the trigger.

Firmware was updated to: V4.61.067 build 220928

I've also tried moving the engine to Facial.. waiting for it to switch to working, then rebooted the NVR. Switched it back to Perimeter and then waited for it to finish, and re-setup all the smart events and still no joy.

Thanks for confirming.

Can you send a screenshot of the event area settings and arming schedule, please?
(Feel free to block out the camera preview.)

Have you tried setting the event in Internet Explorer mode on Edge?

Is this the only camera that you are trying to use the NVR's Acusense on?

I've tried it on two different cameras. Neither work. Thinking I may try a full NVR reset :\

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    437.8 KB · Views: 153
  • 2.png
    2.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 140
  • 3.png
    3.png
    434 KB · Views: 152
Thanks, your settings all look good to me.

Is the other camera you tried also a DS-2CD2xx3G0 model?

Yep, a hard reset is always worth a try!

I'll test it on our Acusense NVR with the same firmware too in case it's a wider issue and be back with an update...

Yes they were both DS-2CD2xx3G0's. All the others are AcuSense cameras :)

I will try a hard reset. I can't help but think the backend engine just isn't working right. Thanks for your help.

I think we've got a similar camera that I can test with, it's definitely odd.

Maybe hard reset those G0 cameras too, in case old settings on those are clashing with the NVR's and causing issues.

I've tested on a DS-7608NXI-I2/8P/S (V4.61.067) and a DS-2CD2343G0-I (V5.6.6) and intrusion detection is working.

It's worth trying it on the NVR directly rather than via a browser.

If you search the logs in the Maintenance menu, do no events show up as being triggered at all for the G0 cameras?

Make sure that you only have one smart event enabled at a time, and that "notify surveillance centre" is ticked on the Linkage Method/Action page.

A little more testing. I tried it with a DS-2CD2385G1-I I had as a spare and it wasn't working on that either. Nothing in the logs to show any kind of detection working. No rules showing at all on any views.

Decided to just reset. It took a little while to reset the NVR and the camera but it now appears to be working! I've enabled it for both G0 camera's and both are reporting correctly (although a little more hit and miss than a true AcuSense camera).

Thank you very much for your help. I am going to back away slowly without touching anything.. I've spent far too long trying to solve this!! :D

I am guessing the engine wasn't working and a reset kicked it back into life. Most odd.

Ah great :) glad the reset resolved it - you'd exhausted all other possibilities!

Back