01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-7608NI-E2 / 8P/A: no playback after power cut

digital

We had a brief power cut (10 minutes or so) a couple of weeks ago and since then playback on the monitor attached to the DS-7608NI-E2 / 8P/A DVR, and on any computer (wired desktop, wireless laptop, Android phone) on the network, fails.

The HDD LED on the DVR is permanently lit and shows a very slight flicker. In desperation, I've reformatted it but nothing has changed: still no playback and still the permanently lit LED.

Live view works and I can see that there are recordings as there are some red bars on the timeline visible sometimes.

Overall, the system seems quite sluggish and I have seen some 'playback failed' and 'network abnormal' errors along with a message that the DVR is not responding at its IP address with a button to 'Recover the webpage'.

Any ideas and solutions would be welcome!

Hi @digital

If you go to Maintenance > HDD Detection > S.M.A.R.T Settings and select a short test from Test Type, and then click the little cog symbol you can start a quick HDD test. Does the test fail or throw up any errors?

What firmware version is your NVR currently running? (you should see this under System Info in the same Maintenance menu)

Hi and thanks for the response.

The firmware is V3.4.103 build 181226 and I've attached screen grabs of the self test results which (to me) appear to be OK.

Attachments

• CCTV_HDD_1.jpg
    CCTV_HDD_1.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 177
  • CCTV_HDD_2.jpg
    CCTV_HDD_2.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 183
Back