01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect DS-7604NI-SE/P - I'm struggling to enable Hik-Connect via platform access?

tr450

Hi All - I'm struggling to enable Hik-Connect via platform access, I can tick the box to enable but I can't save it for some reason. I've tried via web portal, iVMS-4200 and SADP but it's the same issue for all. Any ideas?

What browser are you using to access the NVR? We recommend using Internet Explorer with older NVR models like this.

If you are already using IE can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing when trying to enable Platform Access in the browser?

I'm running IE Tab within Chrome, screenshot below. Also tried with EDGE but still no luck, I can select the button but it won't let me save. Select and save works fine on all other tabs.

1648123549574.png

With SADP the enable button is greyed out so I can't even select it.

Can you try the server address that the current NVRs use - litedev.eu.hik-connect.com

I can input the current address and save that but enable still won't save.

Okay, I can only think that due to the age of the NVR and the fact that the Platform access menu does not offer the option to set an encryption key (which is a security requirement of all the newer NVR models) Hikvision has removed support for SE models on Hik-Connect.

Perhaps show us your Network Settings?
Gateway, DNS, etc.
Just to make sure that the basics are in place?

Okay, I can only think that due to the age of the NVR and the fact that the Platform access menu does not offer the option to set an encryption key (which is a security requirement of all the newer NVR models) Hikvision has removed support for SE models on Hik-Connect.

Thanks Dan, could be an obsoletion issue then. Time for an upgrade maybe.

Nick

Perhaps show us your Network Settings?
Gateway, DNS, etc.
Just to make sure that the basics are in place?

Hi Phil - screenshot below of Network settings. Anything look amiss?

1648129290705.png

In terms of remote connection via Hik-connect iOS app, would DDNS be an option?

Nick

Those settings look fine.
You could try setting up DDNS or port forwarding (you won't get Push alerts).

Hi.
I have the same DVR. I'm also having trouble connecting to hickconnect.
These recorders (and a lot of old hikeconnect equipment) used the standard ADCDEF verification code.
When I try to add the DVR to the hikeconnect cloud and enter this verification code, I get a message that it cannot be used and I need to change it....

There is no possibility to change this code to another one in the web settings of the recorder and in the IVMS-4200 application....

I have not found a newer firmware version than the one installed on my DVR V3.0.22 build 170621....

I understand that if it was possible to find this verification code in the firmware, change it to another and flash the recorder with this firmware, I think it would work for hikconnect.

I unsoldered the bios stick from the recorder (16pin) and downloaded the firmware from it on the programmer.... But I can't find the ABCDEF code in the hex editor....
It must be encrypted.
I don't know what to do anymore.. But I would like to use this recorder with the hikconnect service.
Maybe someone has solved this problem? Share your solution.
Thank you

Back