01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-2CD2332-I : Locate IP or Default

Lectrician

Hi. I have a site where the NVR has been taken by the previous occupant. The cameras are all still in place. If I connect all the cameras to a PoE switch and use a DHCP server, nothing is found. I have tried a few subnets without DHCP, such as 192.168.0.x, 192.168.1.x etc, but searching each subnet returns nothing. This is with both the SDAP tool and a generic IP device search.

I have no idea what the IP addresses would have been, nor the passwords. As there are a dozen cameras on site, it seems a waste to have to ditch them, so being able to locate the IP would be a start - I would then likely struggle with the password I guess, but that can be overcome from what I understand with the SDAP tool.

Is there a way to default these cameras?

Thanks.

SADP is a very basic Hikvision utility.
It searches your network for devices with MAC addresses within a known range (that it recognises as Hikvision products).
Regardless of their current IP address setting, if the cameras are connected to a switch on your network, then by running SADP on a PC/Mac on the same network it should find and list them.

Thanks. I was using the SADP tool on my Mac, as that is what I had with me, and it could not find anything. Fired it up on my Windows laptop and it has found them all. Default password too.

Cheers.

Hmm - I am sorry to say that we have had several reports of Hikvision's Mac version of SADP shall we say ahem under-performing :oops:

I think it is a permissions issue. All other software that wants to use the network ports has a popup generated by the Mac that you need to confirm with your password to allow the software to use the network port. The software doesn't cause this pop up, so I wonder if that's the issue - The Mac blocking the software from using the port.

Thanks for that feedback, I'd like to bring it to the attention of @Dan who has been working with Milesight for about a week now because their Mac utility fails to find their cameras on our network - interestingly similar ...

Why is adding a camera to the network such a big deal? Can you imagine buying a laptop, plugging a network cable in to your router and then being told you'll first need to access it from another computer on the network by running some utility download that wont see it if it isn't on the same subnet . . . . and so on and so on . . . that manufacturer's laptops would simply get returned to the shops?

Back