01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Do Hikvision appliances send notifications to mobile phones?

Do Hikvision NVR appliances and the Hikvision IP camera send out "push" notifications to an IOS or Android mobile phone when there is sound,motion or people movement, similar to what Google Nest & Ring camera do .

I am looking at these devices

NVR - Hikvision DS-7608NXI-I2/8P/S 8 channel 12MP AcuSense NVR (4-ch facial recognition)
Cameras - HIKVISION DS-2CD2386G2-IU AcuSense Darkfighter IP Turret camera with built in microphone

Thanks.

Hi @anilsharma11826

Yes, they do :)

This guide explains how to set up events and enable push notifications for them:

This one covers adding devices to Hik-Connect:

These guides have some more information on the NVR you are looking at and how it compares with the other options:
(If you're looking at adding 4 or more of the 8MP Acusense cameras then I'd recommend the DS-7608NI-M2/8P for improved bandwidth capability, as explained in the first guide below.)

Reactions: Dan
Hi, thank you for the detailed responses, it is very helpful.

So if I am installing 4 or more cameras would either of these work well, is one better than the other ?

Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2-8P
Hikvision DS-7608NXI-I2/8P/S 8

I suppose you are saying the best is Hikvision DS-7608NI-M2 (M series) as it provides Up to 128Mbps Incoming Bandwith

Camera i am looking at is DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL (AcuSense)
How much incoming bandwidth would each camera use for video & audio

No problem :)

So if I am installing 4 or more cameras would either of these work well, is one better than the other ?

Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2-8P
Hikvision DS-7608NXI-I2/8P/S 8
Both will work identically for that camera as the Acusense is built into the camera, but the 7608NXI-I2 will also allow you to add some Acusense to cameras that do not have it already.

I suppose you are saying the best is Hikvision DS-7608NI-M2 (M series) as it provides Up to 128Mbps Incoming Bandwith
Yes, exactly, the 80Mbps budget on the I-Series NVRs isn't ideal for the high-resolution Acusense cameras as they require more bandwidth than the older cameras.

Camera i am looking at is DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL (AcuSense)
How much incoming bandwidth would each camera use for video & audio
It's difficult to give a precise figure as it depends on the video settings you use, but we recommend allowing for at least 15Mbps per camera if it is 8MP and also an Acusense model.

Reactions: Dan
Back