01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Did my ds-7604NI-k1/4P NVR auto-update?

maxcars1

Please put my mind at ease. Today I noticed that there was a pop up dialogue box on my NVR monitor about an upgrade. The NVR is stored in an area that I don't go into daily. I clicked the install and the NVR rebooted. It asked me to do the short cut password (join the dots) if I remember.

Everything seemed to reboot fine. I checked my Hikvision app afterwards and noticed a red dot under device version which then disappeared. The device versions match on the app and the recorder. On investigation I've noticed that the auto update button is selected under system information (can't remember where I found it).

Am I to assume that the engineer made the settings to auto update and that's what happened here: the system updated but then I had to install to finish off?

Ive just checked my nvr version having seen these threads about global security update. Ive had no contact from my installer who is a renowned installer in my hometown to tell me I'm affected. On checking my nvr its a ds-7604NI-k1/4P I'm assuming this is not the same as the DS-7604NI-K1-4P(C)

Ive just checked my nvr version having seen these threads about global security update. Ive had no contact from my installer who is a renowned installer in my hometown to tell me I'm affected. On checking my nvr its a ds-7604NI-k1/4P I'm assuming this is not the same as the DS-7604NI-K1-4P(C)
I wouldn't be overly concerned. For most, the auto update or 'detect latest version' doesn't work (that may be region specific). The likelihood is that in your case it has worked as intended following a Hikvision firmware update that is specifically a security patch.

So when I tried to connect to the hikconenct app on my phone after the download on the NVR it wouldn't connect. So I went into settings of the app and noticed under the threee dots under device version there was a red dot. I clicked th red dot and it then showed a blue circle asking to download/uprade - it took a few attempts but then the red dot went away and I was able to connect to my cameras on my phone.

Can you explain what was happening in relation to the pop up on the NVR and the Hikvision connect app here?

you say I shouldn't be concerned, and if as you say the auto update worked as intended for me and you say it may have been a specifically securest patch then why am I still at 4.75 version when you've already said that my NVR is at 4.76 ... I'm now confused.

Back