01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Camera Has to record on Local storage, when it loses connection to the server

Rgg

Is there anyway to record on camera local storage only when it looses connection to the server.

Situation Camera is streaming normally to the management server, suddenly it looses connection to the server, in this situation camera has no connectivity to the network server, so it has to record on its local storage(SD card), once the connection is replaced again between network server and camera, network server will retrieve the video which is recorded during network loss.

Hi,
Recording on a memory card in the camera is commonly known as 'edge recording'.
Many (almost all) IP cameras now offer this.
The network recovery features are a bit more advanced, and typically require a pro-type VMS (Video Management System) or NVR (Network Video Recorder).
A common acronym used for the feature you seek is ANR - Automatic Network Recovery/Replenishment.

This recent article should give you a good grounding in the topic and some options to follow-up.

Hi,
Thank you for the reply,
can you tell which user name and password i have to use in Net HDD.
i am using milestone smart protect as my remote server

Regards
RGG

Hi Phil,

i was asking that camera has to record on SD card when it looses connection to remote server, is that possible.

Regards
Rgg

Hi Phil,
This camera model doesn't have Edge storage option, even though it has other options

Attachments

• edge.jpg
    edge.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 462
Back