01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Adjust Hik Connect Thumbnails?

Munzz

Hello,

My Hik connect thumbnails fail to snapshot the actual motion detected, it snapshots around 5 seconds prior to the event.

Is there a setting on the NVR to change this?

Hi @Munzz

If you are recording by motion or Smart Event then you can use pre/post record under the advanced settings on the record schedule, if you only have motion/event notifications set then there is no adjustment you can make to the duration of captures as the notification videos will simply be as long as they need to be to capture the whole event. (e.g. if someone walks fast through the scene you will get a clip a few seconds long but if someone walks around the scene for an extended time you might get a clip that is minutes long)

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the quick response.

I’m continuously recording but have also set up Intrusion Detection so I get alerted via the app.

Am I to assume that in this case, the pre-record adjustment will not impact the thumbnails? I did give it a try but it doesn’t seem to have made a difference.

Do you have a screenshot of the thumbnails?

Do you have a screenshot of the thumbnails?

Yep, I’ve attached an example of what I mean.

You’ll see the thumbnail and then you’ll see me walk to the car and break the intrusion zone. Ideally I want the thumbnail to display ME and not 10 seconds beforehand.

Hi @Munzz

I've spoken to Hikvision support and they say the pre/post record settings which are usually used when recording by motion or smart event, also effect the event notifications.

If you go to Storage > Storage Schedule > and click the advanced button in the top right of the schedule you will see a pop-up menu with the pre/post record time settings, you may have to play around a bit to get the results you want but we would start by setting them both to 0 secs and see if that improves the duration of your events.

Thanks for following through with this Dan, however, I made these changes last week and still no joy.

I have just changed the CAMERA settings too just in case that makes a difference, I made the changes directly on the NVR previously.

Will keep you posted.

Just another example of what I mean... I’d expect the thumbnail to at least picture the car half way/entering the intrusion zone, rather than an image of 10 seconds beforehand; does anyone else have this issue?

Hi @Dan

It appears I won't be able to get this resolved and I'm looking to purchase a higher spec Hik NVR that can do what I want.

Do you know if the "better" models suffer this problem? Can you adjust thumbnail settings on the "better" models?

Just to keep this active, I have a feeling this is happening due to the times being out of sync somehow. See below screenshot, the bottom time is right when the intrusion happens but the camera time is off.

E073862D-F667-4352-B3AC-FC742ADF5F2D.jpeg

I’ve tried to sync via NTP and manually set the time but can’t for the life of me match them up.

Is anyone else’s time off sync?

Keen to keep this active.

Steps I have taken over the past week:

> Reset NVR
> Upgraded to latest (buggy FW) and then downgraded
> Use Google NTP servers

Still have regular out of sync notifications.

Back