01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Accusense Human event, motion and line crossing not accurate

Yorto

Having issues with motion and line activation. Mainly motion within an area but also line.

On one of the DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL I have with firmware5.7.3, I have a line activation setup with Human ticked but it still triggers it when someone is walking past but not within the specified area.

On all the 4 cameras I have with motion it does the same and will trigger someone walking past but not within the specifiecd area.

Is this a known issue or ?

1x DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL,1x DS-2CD2566G2-IS using firmware V5.7.3 build 220112
and
1x DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL,1x DS-2CD2386G2-IU using firmware V5.5.801 build 211105

NVR
DS-7616NI-I2 with firmware V4.60.005 build 220108

I have tried both on the NVR and direct from the camera with the same result

Hi @Yorto

We've not seen this exact issue before, are you seeing this issue when you have motion and line crossing set separately or only when they are both enabled at the same time? (Can you share screenshots of your event settings?)

Can you please update your NVR to the latest firmware - v4.61.010

Hi @Yorto

We've not seen this exact issue before, are you seeing this issue when you have motion and line crossing set separately or only when they are both enabled at the same time? (Can you share screenshots of your event settings?)

Can you please update your NVR to the latest firmware - v4.61.010
I have tried one at a time as well as both at a time with the same results. on the 2556 today I only had motion setup with the area pictured, to the far left is a footpath and I got an alert as a motion detection but it was well outside the area that is set and there is no reflection etc. Arming schedule 00:00-24:00 selected everyday, Linkage Notify Surveillance Center. All other smart events are off.

Screenshot 2022-08-10 19.19.12.png

Thanks will do, but I didn't think it was safe to update to 4.61?

There is a minor issue with the latest firmware which shouldn't impact you, but if you don't want to update to that version you can go to v4.61.000 instead.

You said you had tried configuring the events on both the NVR and camera, have you checked that the events are configured the same in both places? If the detection area is different between the camera and NVR settings one can override the other and this can cause detections that for example look like they are outside the camera detection area but are actually inside the NVR detection area.

Try clearing the event settings in the camera, clear them in the NVR, and then re-configure the events in the NVR and don't do anything to the detection area in the camera settings.

UPDATE - Apologies, some confusion with the firmware. My colleague has just pointed out that the problem firmware is actually the v4.61.000 firmware and it is now recommended to jump over that version to the latest v4.61.010 firmware.

There is a minor issue with the latest firmware which shouldn't impact you, but if you don't want to update to that version you can go to v4.61.000 instead.

You said you had tried configuring the events on both the NVR and camera, have you checked that the events are configured the same in both places? If the detection area is different between the camera and NVR settings one can override the other and this can cause detections that for example look like they are outside the camera detection area but are actually inside the NVR detection area.

Try clearing the event settings in the camera, clear them in the NVR, and then re-configure the events in the NVR and don't do anything to the detection area in the camera settings.
Thanks, I am sure I have done this multiple times even resetting these 4 cameras and NVR. I will give it another go once the NVR has been updated.

Just looking at your picture above, there's a shadow cast by the left hand concrete pillar. I'd imagine that when a person walks horizontally across the field of view, outside of your defined area, they'll too cast a shadow that falls within your detection area. That will cause an alert. In daylight, I get false alerts from people walking along the footpath outside my home. For me that's caused as their image is reflected in the glass of my cars side window.

Just looking at your picture above, there's a shadow cast by the left hand concrete pillar. I'd imagine that when a person walks horizontally across the field of view, outside of your defined area, they'll too cast a shadow that falls within your detection area. That will cause an alert. In daylight, I get false alerts from people walking along the footpath outside my home. For me that's caused as their image is reflected in the glass of my cars side window.
There is no reflection/shadow from people walking past, they'd have to be 20ft tall to even barely make a shadow in the defined area.

Settings in both the nvr and cameras have always been exactly the same.

I've just tried resetting everything as suggested but now I am getting the line activations being sent from the cameras rather then the nvr and can't playback.

It appears that it is somehow automatically turning the events back on in the camera after I have manually turned them off. I will try and disable the cameras again tomorrow and try again then.

Settings in both the nvr and cameras have always been exactly the same.

I've just tried resetting everything as suggested but now I am getting the line activations being sent from the cameras rather then the nvr and can't playback.

It appears that it is somehow automatically turning the events back on in the camera after I have manually turned them off. I will try and disable the cameras again tomorrow and try again then.
The settings in the camera are the settings from the NVR. If you defaulted everything, then programmed the alarm settings using the NVR, those settings are set and saved on the camera. Most settings that you apply on the NVR are saved on the camera in that way (video stream parameters, events, image settings). It causes a lot of confusion as people log into both NVR and camera and make changes - there's no need. Carry out all settings in the NVR. The only reason to access the camera at all is if there's a specific setting that's not available in the NVR.

The settings in the camera are the settings from the NVR. If you defaulted everything, then programmed the alarm settings using the NVR, those settings are set and saved on the camera. Most settings that you apply on the NVR are saved on the camera in that way (video stream parameters, events, image settings). It causes a lot of confusion as people log into both NVR and camera and make changes - there's no need. Carry out all settings in the NVR. The only reason to access the camera at all is if there's a specific setting that's not available in the NVR.
That's how I've always gone about it with directly from the nvr.

Just lately it has been odd where I am getting extra notifications and now unable to playback as it's coming from the camera rather then the nvr.

Where as before it was always from the nvr and I could playback all notifications.

Screenshot_20220811-221907_Hik-Connect.jpg

Ahh ok I understand now (I think!). My guess is that you've added all of your cameras to Hik-Connect, as that's the only instance in which I'd expect the app to report the camera model - is that the case? - If so, this is more a network config issue. Delete the cameras from the Hik-Connect app leaving just the NVR - that's all you need. Deleting them from the app should also delete them from your Hik-Connect account if they and your app are online at the time of deletion. You can also delete them or check by logging into your account with a browser.

Regardless of whether your cameras are connected directly to the PoE ports of the NVR (plug and play with IP address 192.168.254.xxx), or located elsewhere on your network and added to the NVR (Manually added with LAN IP address) - you only need to register the NVR to Hik-Connect - not the cameras. If you've configured Hik-Connect on the cameras that will be where the conflict lies. You'd only do that if the cameras were standalone/recorded by a non Hikvision device.

Last edited:
Ahh ok I understand now (I think!). My guess is that you've added all of your cameras to Hik-Connect, as that's the only instance in which I'd expect the app to report the camera model - is that the case? - If so, this is more a network config issue. Delete the cameras from the Hik-Connect app leaving just the NVR - that's all you need. Deleting them from the app should also delete them from your Hik-Connect account if they and your app are online at the time of deletion. You can also delete them or check by logging into your account with a browser.

Regardless of whether your cameras are connected directly to the PoE ports of the NVR (plug and play with IP address 192.168.254.xxx), or located elsewhere on your network and added to the NVR (Manually added with LAN IP address) - you only need to register the NVR to Hik-Connect - not the cameras. If you've configured Hik-Connect on the cameras that will be where the conflict lies. You'd only do that if the cameras were standalone/recorded by a non Hikvision device.
I'll give this a go.

But these cameras were added so I could use the 2 way audio, going through the nvr I was never able to get it to work, when adding the camera and accessing it directly the 2way audio works flawlessly.

I recall seeing a thread you created about 2way audio on the same or similar cameras, I will try and see if it's a work around.

Thanks.

So I have updated the NVR to V4.61.010 build 220527.
I have gone back to factory settings on the NVR, all cameras, doorbell, indoor stations and have started from scratch. deleted hik connect account.

I have set up all devices with entirely new ips and created a new hik connect account and linked it with the newly updated refreshed NVR.
Created a few smart events with lines, I have only added the NVR to hik connect and I am now not getting any alerts through the app at all. Whilst I have IVMS running it is alerting to the alerts, clearly working as it has the box and the line lighting up red with it popping up the alert but not alerting hik connect with notify surveillance center ticked.

Platform access has it online and I can view all devices off the network on mobile etc.
Notification is enabled within hik connect on a few different android devices, Pixel, s22.
I have noticed that the NVR does NOT show smart events on the gui 4 but logging in via ivms does show it.

I have set up all devices with entirely new ips and created a new hik connect account and linked it with the newly updated refreshed NVR.
Can you let us know how the cameras are connected to the NVR. Are they connected directly to the POE ports? You say you've set everything up with new IP addresses. If you've done this with the cameras, what range are those IP addresses in as that is relative to how they are networked to the NVR.

Created a few smart events with lines, I have only added the NVR to hik connect and I am now not getting any alerts through the app at all. Whilst I have IVMS running it is alerting to the alerts, clearly working as it has the box and the line lighting up red with it popping up the alert but not alerting hik connect with notify surveillance center ticked.
I have noticed that the NVR does NOT show smart events on the gui 4 but logging in via ivms does show it.
Alerts while you have iVMS running work differently. Can you confirm the following:

1 - On the cameras - do you have 'Dual VCA Enabled' switched on? It should be as that's needed to put markers in the Smart Playback timeline.
2 - Are the cameras still on the firmware versions in your original post? If so that's fine. There's a new version 5.7.10 for the G5 platform models but as I've posted elsewhere, it seems to break Smart Playback so I'd hold back from installing it just yet.
3 - Can you confirm that your Hik-Connect app is connected to your system using your Hik-Connect login and NOT it's IP address (as push notifications are only supported while connected using the Hik-Connect service)

Last edited:
Can you let us know how the cameras are connected to the NVR. Are they connected directly to the POE ports? You say you've set everything up with new IP addresses. If you've done this with the cameras, what range are those IP addresses in as that is relative to how they are networked to the NVR.
Hey mate, appreciate your replys.

They are connected from a POE switch, not directly from the NVR, they are all on the same subnet, I am running a Unifi network with mulltple subnets but thats not an issue. They are between 192.168.1.10-192.168.1.30 dhcp for that subnet starts at 192.168.1.111 - 200 so no ip conflicts either.

Alerts while you have iVMS running work differently. Can you confirm the following:

1 - On the cameras - do you have 'Dual VCA Enabled' switched on? It should be as that's needed to put markers in the Smart Playback timeline.
2 - Are the cameras still on the firmware versions in your original post? If so that's fine. There's a new version 5.7.10 for the G5 platform models but as I've posted elsewhere, it seems to break Smart Playback so I'd hold back from installing it just yet.
3 - Can you confirm that your Hik-Connect app is connected to your system using your Hik-Connect login and NOT it's IP address (as push notifications are only supported while connected using the Hik-Connect service)
1. Yep Dual VCA enabled.
2. Yep all the same firmware except for the NVR which I updated to the recommended one.
3. Yep can confirm that, I can log in when I am on data and off my home network.

I have also had my brothers hik connect device shared to my new account and can receive his line activation alerts.

No problem.
They are connected from a POE switch, not directly from the NVR, they are all on the same subnet
So just to clarify.

1 - That POE switch is on your LAN (Unify network) and is not connected to a POE port on the NVR? (as the NVR POE ports are on their own network 192.168.254.xxx by default. The NVR has 2 network interfaces the one on your LAN and the 192.168.254.xxx for the cameras)

2 - Both the NVR itself and the cameras on the POE switch are on the same subnet of your Unify network? (if the NVR was on one subnet and the cameras on another it would likely be an issue)

3 - You have manually edited each camera channel from 'Plug and Play' to manual and edited the channel with the IP address that you have assigned each camera?
3. Yep can confirm that, I can log in when I am on data and off my home network.

What I meant was are you logged in on the app to your NVR or did you add your NVR to the app using its username and password. You can tell which by whether your NVR in the app has a share icon next to it (3 circles connected by a line). Even if you register your NVR to Hik-Connect it's still possible to connect your app to it using username and password - that's why I ask.

If all is correct as my assumptions above, I'd say this is possibly some network issue. I'd be tempted to take a camera, default it and plug it directly into the back of the NVR on a short lead. Set up a random smart event and see if that works as it should (VCA markers and push notifications)

The nvr I have does not have a poe interface on it, just the 1 lan interface that's connected to the same switch as all my other devices.

Yep all on the same subnet within that range.

Manually added to each channel. One by one......

Yep has the share icon on it as I added it via the serial number/hik connect domain.

I'll have to see what I can do to trouble shoot the network further. From what I can tell there is no issue with the network as everything is online, everything I ls talking to one another without any issues. It's just the hik connect side of things which is also online.

The nvr I have does not have a poe interface on it, just the 1 lan interface that's connected to the same switch as all my other devices.

Yep all on the same subnet within that range.

Manually added to each channel. One by one......

Yep has the share icon on it as I added it via the serial number/hik connect domain.

I'll have to see what I can do to trouble shoot the network further. From what I can tell there is no issue with the network as everything is online, everything I ls talking to one another without any issues. It's just the hik connect side of things which is also online.
Hmmm. Nothing really stands out there as a cause for your issue. Everything is on same network subnet, cameras correctly manually added, Hik-Connect service in use.

As you say this looks more to be something between your NVR and the Hik-Connect service. How is your connection configured between the NVR and Hik-Connect? Have you used UPnP in the NVR to manage the port forwarding or have you disabled UPnP in the NVR and manually completed the port forwarding in your router?

My preference (and Hikvisons recommendation for best performance) is always to set a static LAN IP on the NVR and forward the ports in the router to that static IP (I usually change the ports in the NVR from the default of 80, 8000 and 554 before doing the forwarding) With that completed I use the 'Configure DDNS' setting in the app and add the ports in use there along with the admin password. That's not essential but enables some remote configuration from the app.

However I'd also say that you should be seeing the alarms in the local GUI. If they don't appear there, they're not going to be sent to Hik-Connect. You want to be setting a simple event up with basic actions such as show full screen etc and trigger it to ensure that it actions locally, before moving onto why it's not doing a push notification. 'Trigger Channel' which is set by default must be enabled.

One other thing. All the event setup that can be done in the NVR config should be done there and not directly in the camera. I'm thinking particularly of the 'Notify Surveillance Center' action. As the camera reports it's alarm to the NVR, it's the NVR that needs to 'Notify Surveillance Center'. The camera shouldn't, as only the NVR is registered with Hik-Connect. Normally with an NVR that had cameras connected directly to the POE ports that wouldn't be an issue - as they'd have no path to the internet. In your case however, if the cameras have a valid gateway and DNS address set, they are exposed to the internet. I'd be minded to ensure each camera has no valid gateway or DNS address, so that all traffic can only go to the NVR, so that the NVR manages everything.

Last edited:
I have spent pretty much all day playing around with everything that I can think of.

Even using my old Router, Unifi USG that worked previously before flawlessly with hik connect before I updated to a Unifi UDR which also worked with hik connect before updating the nvr firmware....

However I'd also say that you should be seeing the alarms in the local GUI. If they don't appear there, they're not going to be sent to Hik-Connect
Yep can see them on the gui full screen and the log.

One thing I haven't seen in the gui is Smart events.

Not sure what that's about but have a funny feeling that the latest firmware has done this as the previous firmware I was running, being 4.60.005, had it there and the hik connect alerts were all working.

When I am off the lan, the kd8003 doorbell rings my hik connect app, so it appears that it could be the nvr firmware after all... Frustrating that's for sure

And to make it worse I can't downgrade firmware now.......

Adding the cameras to hik connect works with notifications for motion or line activations.

Attachments

• 20220814_183407.jpg
    20220814_183407.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Back