01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Zoom issues with DS-2CD55C5G0-IZHS

jlikonen

I'm still testing the camera so I haven't installed it yet. My problem is that the zooming (in the PTZ panel) doesn't seem to work. Digital zoom in iVMS4200 works. I have checked that the camera is a Z-version in iVMS4200 so it should have a motorized zoom. The camera is connected to a Hikvision PoE switch and I have checked the camera with two different ethernet cables and different ports on the switch. Any ideas?

Does the user account you are logged into the camera with have PTZ control enabled? Ignore if you're logged in as the default admin account. And as silly as it may sound are you clicking the zoom icon and not the iris open/close or focus near/far by mistake. Ensure that digital zoom is not active as that will block motorised zoom while it is

JB1970, many thanks for your reply. Yes, I can enable the PTZ control. I have the zoom, iris and focus icons so I'm pretty sure I have tried to click the zoom icons. I have also closed the digital zoom but still pressing the zoom icons don't have any effect. I have also tried with Blue Iris and I have same problem with the zoom which doesn't seem to work.

Back