01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

WUNDERGROUND - Help - NOVICE User - FOSCAM FI9900P

PCM Newark

Help please from a Novice user.

I have a wunderground account and have registration details for my FOSCAM FI9900P.

The Camera is working and I can change or edit settings on-line.

I would like to add Pics/video to Wunderground website

Wunderground have given me the following settings :

FTP Configuration​

Server:
webcam.wunderground.com
Password:
Directory:
'/' (or leave blank)
File Name:
image.jpg
Transfer Type :
Binary

I have filled in above data on " FTP SETTINGS" Tab, No pictures transmitted to Personal Weather Station Dashboard | Weather Underground so there is a problem.

There is loads of other setings and options I probably need to alter

Can anyone help please ?

Cordially

PCM

Can you please post a screenshot here of the settings page?
It probably wants you to enter details such as your router/gateway IP and some DNS options too.

Phil,

Many Thanks for taking time to reply.

Attached 3 screenshots of settings and on Foscam 4 you will see an error message in bottom left....

Cordially

Paul
foscam1.PNG
foscam2.PNG
Foscam3.PNG
foscam 4.jpg

What are the other options in the dropdown for "FTP Mode" please?

Can you also share a screenshot of the camera's configuration page for Network Settings please?

Options for FTP Mode : PASV or PORT

Not sure which Network setttings you need.........I have sent a master menu screengrab and also Wunderground settings.....

Attachments

• Menu.PNG
    Menu.PNG
    29.3 KB · Views: 251
  • wunderground 1.jpg
    wunderground 1.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 256
Put a tick in "Enable set Filename" and enter the filename that Wunderground have asked you to use e.g. image.jpg
When you enable set filename, you may then get a further dropdown to allow you to set the file type to a .jpg (JPEG) - if not, then type it fully as image.jpg.

1607011047023.png

However, this is NOT what is causing the error message - please share a screenshot of the IP Configuration page.

Thank you for your patience...........

Attachments

• image filename.PNG
    image filename.PNG
    26.6 KB · Views: 235
  • IP.PNG
    IP.PNG
    15.9 KB · Views: 263
Those settings look OK. :)

What happens if you switch from Passive to PORT FTP mode and test again?

If it asks for a Port number, and Wunderground have not stated one, then try with 21.

Toggeled between Passive & Port............Port number was 21

No Change

Camera remains inactive as per wunderground.....
status.PNG

I guess, as it is just FTP that you are setting up, that portal considers the camera as 'Online' after it has received an image from it?

What happens when you click the Test button for FTP now?

I guess the other camera in your account is a different model, and therefore you cannot crib settings from it?

If it is still not working, maybe try cycling the power/rebooting the camera to restart it with the new settings in place.

Switched everything down & back up............

No Luck

The other device is a PWS ( personal weather station )

Personal Weather Station Dashboard | Weather Underground Has my weatherstation which sends weather data to wunderground. Bottom left of page is where you link up a camera ( Associated camera ) . You can have data & video / pics.........only data is working.

Dont make it a mission...............sometimes thats just the way it is.............

Cordially & Thanks

Paul

Phil,

Just to keep you in the loop.

Many thanks for your efforts yesterday........

There are many issues it would appear with using Wunderground. I've looked at WXforum.net - Index .

Issues vary a lot, so maybe I will give Wunderground a miss.

As an alternative...........are there any alternative services or providers you would recomend ?

I want to send 1 photo an hour, every day from garden showing outside weather.......rather like a time lapse.

I would then like to look back over a year a two just to re-visit pics for that day........

No notifications or video recording....

Take care.........

Cordially

Paul

We tend to lead with Axis IP cameras and Camstreamer nowadays (which provides easy LIVE video).

Our YouTube demo here:

Others are available:
Angel Cam
CamCloud

Loads more that I cannot recall right now :oops:

I don't know who would provide the 'look - back' long-term storage that you would like to have.

Back