01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Wireless HDMI and other things

Mit3l

Hello there,

I have finally purchased a CCTV system for my house. Brand of DVR is HIKVISION.

Now, I plan on installing this 8 Chanel DVR on the third floor, and connect it to the Internet for access on my mobile device (all of that still to be done).

I don’t actually know what mobile app to view outside of the home I have to use and if that can be used on the laptop too?

As I have no router in that floor (for Ethernet), I will be adding an extender router, which will allow me to connect the DVR to the net.

Now, is there a way for me to see this on my Samsung SmartTV screen on the ground floor? I.e in your experiences, via either an app or similar? Running a HDMI cable all the way down from third floor to ground floor is not possible.

The only thing I can think of is a wireless HDMI sender/receiver, but they can be somewhat costly – decent kits at around the £200 mark.

The only thing I plan on doing with this, switching back and forth every now and then to the CCTV while watching something.

Finally, I was told by a friend his CCTV system automatically flickers his TV channel to that of his CCTV if motion is detected. Is this something we can do with Hikvsion?

Thank you, in advance.

Maybe use Powerline to extend your network via your home's mains wiring.
As it's difficult to get the video from the third floor to your TV, perhaps just use the App on your phone or tablet to check on your CCTV.
Since you refer to your recorder as a DVR (Digital Video Recorder) are you actually installing analogue cameras?
For IP cameras you would normally use an NVR (Network Video Recorder).

Use the Hik-Connect App (available free-of-charge from the usual App stores).
Create yourself an account at www.hik-connect.com then add your NVR, then install the App on your phones & tablets.

Back