01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

WiFi NVR & Cameras - Can I Remove the NVR from my System and just Connect the Cameras Directly to my WiFi?

Crewey

Hi guys, I wonder if anybody can help me. I currently have an Chinese NVR wireless system with 4 cameras. 2 of the cameras are quite far away at the back of the house so can't connect and the whole syatem is conflicting with my home wifi as it is running a parallel network. What I would like to do is remove the DVR and just connect the cameras to my home wifi and monitor them on my phone via an app. Is this possible and how difficult will it be to do? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi @Crewey

Do you know the model number(s) of your WiFi cameras?

It should be possible to connect WiFi cameras directly to your local WiFi, but if the specific camera models do not support MicroSD card storage you won't be able to record anything without the NVR.

Hi @Crewey

Do you know the model number(s) of your WiFi cameras?

It should be possible to connect WiFi cameras directly to your local WiFi, but if the specific camera models do not support MicroSD card storage you won't be able to record anything without the NVR.
I don't know the model number, but these are the cameras.
20220808_103044.jpg

okay,

I can't see this exact model on Szsinocam website, but some of their other bullet cameras do support 64GB MicroSD cards so it may be possible to run your cameras on their own using MicroSD cards but the only way to be sure would be to take the camera down and get hands-on to check for the card slot.

I was hoping to record to the cloud, but I first need to get them connected to the wifi!

Yeah, once the cameras are connected to your local WiFi it should be possible to link them to a 3rd-party CCTV Cloud Storage Service. (but there will be ongoing subscription costs when using a cloud service)

That's the problem I am having. I don't know how to connect them to my home wifi?

Hi @Crewey

We have no experience with this brand, but looking at their documentation your best shot at trying to get the cameras directly on your WiFi will be to install their client software (NVS - you can get this by downloading the WiFi NVR kit documents from the Szsinocam website) on a PC on your local network, plug the cameras into your local network with a network cable, and then using the NVS software login to the cameras and in the network settings there should be some settings for WiFi Configuration.

Hi @Crewey

We have no experience with this brand, but looking at their documentation your best shot at trying to get the cameras directly on your WiFi will be to install their client software (NVS - you can get this by downloading the WiFi NVR kit documents from the Szsinocam website) on a PC on your local network, plug the cameras into your local network with a network cable, and then using the NVS software login to the cameras and in the network settings there should be some settings for WiFi Configuration.
I currently have them connected an NVR recorder box but can't find any info on using them without it. The NVR network is conflicting with my WiFi.

Back